Clicking on this link suggests you want to work with NNPC. If that guess is correct then this post answers all you need to know about NNPC. We have carefully crafted the application process and requirements you need to apply. Also, within this piece is the average salary structure of workers at NNPC. Let’s explore together!!!
Overview of NNPC
Popularly known as NNPC, it’s an abbreviation for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. The firm came about because of the merger of the Nigerian National Oil Corporation and the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel. Contrary to popular belief, NNPC is not an oil company like Halliburton or Shell. Rather, it’s an oil and gas regulatory firm just like the Central Bank of Nigeria regulates the financial sector. It’s an oil corporation through which the federal government of Nigeria regulates and takes part in the country’s petroleum industry. Therefore, Chevron, KPMG and other oil firms are controlled by the NNPC.
Since its establishment in 1977, NNPC has offices across the federation. However, her headquarters is in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. They manage NNPC business operations through Strategic Business and Corporate Services Units (SBUs/CSUs). Also, the Corporation manages all joint businesses between the Nigerian federal government and foreign multinational corporations, which include Royal Dutch Shell, Agip, ExxonMobil, Total S.A, and Chevron.
Following its 44 years of existence, NNPC has been in charge of exploration activities and more. To find out more, visit the company’s official website @ nnpcgroup.com.
Functions of the NNPC
During interview, one of the most likely questions is “What do NNPC do?” Do not tell the recruiter that it’s an oil firm. If you do, it’s a “Bye Bye”. Below is a clue into what the company does;
- Determines and fixes the price of oil products.
- Ensures regular supply of hydrocarbon products
- Oversees the development of the oil sector in the production process.
- NNPC is solely responsible for upstream and downstream developments.
- The firm regulates and supervises the oil industry on behalf of the Nigerian Government.
- Manages all joint activities between the Nigerian Federal government and foreign corporations.
- Serves as a consultancy firm to the Nigerian government and other industries in oil and gas issues.
We do not limit the company functions to these few. However, these are her major responsibilities. Find out about the salary structure of workers below!!!
What is the Firm Known For?
NNPC is an oil, and gas related firm. Therefore, she produces products such as crude oil, gas, petroleum products, petrochemicals,. Also, the company is given powers to operate in the refining industry, petrochemicals, and transportation of hydrocarbon products and marketing.
Where are the NNPC Subsidiaries?
In 1988, they divided NNPC into 12 business units, covering the entire spectrum of oil industry operations. This includes exploration and production, gas development, refining, distribution, petrochemicals, engineering, and commercial investments. Currently, the subsidiary companies include:
- Duke Oil
- NNPC Retail
- The Nigerian Gas Company (NGC)
- Integrated Data Services Limited (IDSL)
- Port Harcourt Refining Co. Limited (PHRC)
- Hydrocarbon Services Nigeria Limited (HYSON)
- Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC)
- Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Co. Limited (WRPC)
- Kaduna Refinery and Petrochemical Co. Limited (KRPC)
- The Products and Pipelines Marketing Company (PPMC)
- National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO)
Most of these subsidiaries are in Port-Harcourt, Kaduna and Warri.
What Requirements Do I Need to Apply?
Like most federal government jobs in Nigeria, you need to fulfill the application criteria. Here are the criteria/requirements you must fulfill before sending in your application for a job at NNPC.
- Only Nigerians can apply.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- Applicants must not be over 35 years.
- You must be a graduate from a recognized institution.
- Applicant with 2:1 certificate can apply with their first degree only. While those with 2:2 will have to apply with a master degree.
How Do I Apply for Recruitment?
http://Searchthatjob.com gives you strategic steps on how best to apply for a recruitment. To apply,
- Log into https://careers.nnpcgroup.com/job_desc.php?code=GT01
- Create a profile and sign in.
- Click on the category of job you want to apply for
- Don’t apply twice.
- Check all information to see if there is any error.
Click on the link to see more about NNPC Recruitment.
The Petroleum industry is one of the core industries in Nigeria. It is to date, the highest paying industry and stands with the highest paying jobs. Whatever field or position you find yourself in the industry, you can be sure of a very comfortable pay. While NNPC is not among the highest paying companies in the industry, they boast among the highest paying local organization in Nigeria.
What the Workers Salary Structure at NNPC?
Just like any other oil and gas companies, salary structures here vary. Factors such as experience, job title, specifications and location influences the pay. However, you can be sure l to get a high salary. Apart from the salaries, workers here are entitled to bonuses and other several incentives like Deloitte. Here’s what to expect salary wise;
IT Student Worker #30,000
Programmer Analyst #120,000
Product Designer #60,000
Station Operator #30,000
Entry level staff #180, 000 – #350, 000
Experienced staffs #500, 000–#1 million
Top managers earn above #2 million naira per month.
Aside from the board and managing directors, petroleum engineers and geoscientists earn the highest pay. Although there is significant difference in the salaries of staff at first, salaries grow with time and there is usually significant difference as they upscale in rank.
- Unilever Plc 2021 – A Comprehensive Guide on All You Need to Know to Get Hired
- Amazon Company 2021 – Easy Steps to Get Hired in Amazon
- Apple Computer Company 2021 – Join the League of Great Apple Earners in 5 Easy Steps
- Microsoft Corporation 2021 – All You Need to Know to Get Hired
- Goldman Sachs Lagos – Comprehensive Guide and How to Get Hired in 2021
- Andela 2021 – How to Apply| Salary Structure and All You Need to Know about Andela
- NNPC 2021 – Salary Structure| How to Apply and All You Need to Know to Get Hired
- Nigerian Breweries – A Comprehensive Guide on All You Need to Know to Work Here in 2021
- Chevron 2021 – All You Need to Know to Get Hired
- ExxonMobil Corporation 2021 – All You Need to Know Get Hired into ExxonMobil