It’s the dream of many engineering graduates to make it into an oil company. No doubt that’s a good aspiration. However, there are many skills graduate recruiters look out for in such companies. ExxonMobil is one of the leading oil and gas company which receives a lot of jobs application every year. This piece will educate you on all you need to know about ExxonMobil. Also, we have put together the salary and recruitment process.
Overview of ExxonMobil
Established in 1999 because of the merger between Exxon of New Jersey and Mobil of New York. Now you can tell why it’s called ExxonMobil. Formally, it is known as Exxon Mobil Corporation but stylized as ExxonMobil. The firm is an American multinational oil and gas company just like Halliburton and Chevron. With headquarters in Irving, Texas, they incorporate it in New Jersey. Although it’s existed just 21 years, the company has over 20 subsidiaries spread across the world. According to a 2020 statistics, ExxonMobil has 72,000 employees.
In 2016, they ranked the company 3rd in the Forbes Global 2000 list. Also, ExxonMobil was the 10th in the most profitable company in the Fortune 500 statistics of 2017. Interestingly, ExxonMobil is the 7th largest refiner in the world, a title it has bore since inception. If you’re wondering what her worth is, you can be sure of billions of dollars. The current market capitalization of ExxonMobil is over $330 billion. To know more about the company visit the company’s website @ corporate.exxonmobil.com
What is ExxonMobil Known For?
The firm is known as the largest non-government-owned company in the energy industry. Also, ExxonMobil produces about 3% of the world’s oil and 2% of the world’s energy. Just like Shell, ExxonMobil produces crude oil, oil products, and natural gas. Also, the firm produces petrochemicals and Power generation.
We categorize these products into three for reference.
- Upstream division (oil exploration, extraction, shipping, and wholesale operations)
- Downstream division (marketing, refining, and retail operations)
- Chemical division
Also, the company has several ancillary divisions, such as Coal & Minerals, which are standalone.
Fact is that ExxonMobil owns hundreds of smaller subsidiaries. This includes Imperial Oil Limited where the company has 69.6% ownership in Canada, and SeaRiver Maritime. Listing all the ExxonMobil subsidiaries will be a Herculean task. However, we have listed the prominent ones. They include;
- Aera Energy
- Esso Australia
- Exxon Neftegas
- FuelCell Energy
- Imperial Oil (69.6%)
- Mobil Producing Nigeria
- SeaRiver Maritime
- Superior Oil Co.
- Syncrude (25%)
- Vacuum Oil Co.
- XTO Energy
How Much Does ExxonMobil Pay Her Staff?
Generally, oil and gas companies pay her staff well. Exxon Nigeria is no exception. Practically, the firm is a leading oil company in the country when it comes to high salary. What this means is that Exxon Nigeria stands a head taller than many other oil companies for staff remunerations.
But, aside from the big fat salaries, workers get allowances. Also, vacations, training and development fees are added advantages. Meanwhile, this section gives you a clue of the salary structure to expect when working with Exxon. Here’s what to expect;
- Cashier between $16,636 and $26,253
- Chemist between $40,989 and $85,147
- Civil Engineer between $41,608 and $113,352
- Business Analyst between $43,919 and $102,370
- Process Engineer between $94,971 and $138,713
- Chemical Engineer between $73,984 and $221,476
- Commercial Manager between $57,602 and $227,119
- Construction Manager between $68,487 and $201,658
- Control System Engineer between $55,794 and $112,951
- Financial Analyst between $60,583 and $124,109
- Mechanical Engineers between $65,436 and $198,659
- Administrative Assistant between $32,024 and $65,074
- Assistant Store Manager paid between $17,264 and $33,896
- Chemical Laboratory Technician between $37,985 and $104,573
- Chemical Process Engineer between $33,925 and $95,308
- Convenience Store Manager between $22,584 and $57,166
- Corporate Controller between $49,404 and $126,072.
This is the average salary structure for workers at ExxonMobil. Supposedly, the engineers go with the high pay! However, as you grow in rank, the higher the salary.
Frequently Asked Questions About ExxonMobil?
Is ExxonMobil Among the “Big Oil or Supermajors”?
Yes, ExxonMobil is among the Big Oil or Supermajors. The terms “Big Oil” and “super-majors” are interchangeable. These refer to the 6 largest oil companies that are not owned by the government. Interestingly, Exxon comes second after Shell. They include;
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Exxon Mobil
- BP plc (BP)
- Total (TOT)
- Chevron (CVX)
- Eni (E)
What are the Requirements for ExxonMobil Recruitment?
Yeah, most job applicants interested in Exxon wonder how they can make it in. Well, it starts by possessing great employability skills. Also, applicants should know how to improve work performance as graduate recruiters look out for it. Now to apply, here are the requirements/criteria;
- Must be computer literate.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Applicants must not be above 35 years old.
- WAEC or SSCE with Credits in not less than 3 subjects
- B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in relation to the applied position from a recognized institution.
- Any added certificate, either postgraduate or professional certification will be of advantage
How Do I Apply for Exxon Recruitment?
Although you can apply offline, online application is easier and better. To apply for Recruitment,
- Log onto http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Type in Nigeria in the “Search by location” field
- Then, click the “Search openings” button to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Also, Click on the Job title (Subsurface Engineer) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Further click the “Apply now”
Then, Sign in or click on “create an account” and follow the instructions.
Working at ExxonMobil is an impressive feat. Aside from the big fat juicy salaries, workers get to interact with different tribes and cultures. I’m sure you found this piece enlightening, send to friends and family.