If you’ve ever heard of Jeff Bezos, then you certainly know about Amazon. And you clicking on this post suggests you want to work with the firm. No doubts you can. However, you need to know the very ropes to pull to get hired in this multinational company. We have crafted and answered questions job applicants ask about the firm. Also,we include what you should expect as salary working with this firm. Is it worth it? What kinda workers do they employ? Is work here remote? What skills does graduate recruiters look out for? Find out below!!!
About Amazon Company
What many do not know is that, Amazon was formerly called Cadabra. However in 1995, two years after its establishment in Bellevue, Washington, U.S., they renamed it Amazon. Known as one of the most influential economic and cultural force, it is also the most valuable brand in the world. The firm is an American multinational company with focus on technology. Talking about the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, it is one. Interestingly, she rubs shoulder with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook.
When I mentioned Jeff Bezos, I meant to say he is the founder and CEO. He kicked off the company in his garage as an online marketplace for books. However, it grew beyond that and expanded to the sell electronics, software, video games, and more. In 2015, Walmart which was the leading firm in that industry got a hit. Also that year, Amazon surpassed Walmart as the most valuable retailer in US by market capitalization. Since then, the firm grows acquiring different companies. Currently, the firm is on a deal to acquire the film and television studio, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
We find her headquarters in Seattle, Washington, U.S. But then her influence is felt worldwide. Statistics has it that firm has 1,298,000 employees as at December 2020. Therefore, find out more via her website @ http://amazon.com
What is Amazon Known For?
Like earlier stated, the firm has a focus on technology. However, the firm pins her focus on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. Also, the company extends her tentacles to consumer electronics, entertainment, digital distribution and self-driving cars. Her major products are Echo, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Fire OS and Kindle. When we talk about Amazon services, we refer to Amazon.com, Amazon Alexa, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Music, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Video, and Amazon Web Services.
Does the Firm have Subsidiaries?
- Alexa Internet
- Amazon.com Services (Amazon Air, Books, Fresh, Game Studios, Lab126, Logistics, Pharmacy, Publishing, Robotics and Studios)
- Body Labs
- Book Depository
- Digital Photography Review
- Twitch Interactive
- Whole Foods Market
Through these subsidiaries, the company make undeniable waves in the information technology industry. Each representing a particular product or service. E.g. Amazon Web Services: cloud computing subsidiary. In other words, it’s not out of place to say Jeff Bezos wanted to house all in one. (That was actually his goal from the beginning!!!)
How Do I Apply to Work with the Firm?
I know this is the part you crave for. Here’s the shocker. They accept only top-notch applicants. In case you’re not one, look up how to improve your work performance and how to write an outstanding résumé. Also, know how to negotiate salaries when working remotely with the firm. The company accepts only online application. (Paper application is obsolete!) To apply you have to use the Amazon job application platform. Therefore, this section guides you on how to go about that in details. Here’s how to start!
- Visit the job application platform via https://www.amazon.jobs/
- Then, Click the “Menu” button and then hit the “Job Categories” link.
- Furthermore, Select the job category of interest (e.g. fulfillment/warehouse associate).
- Click the “View Open Jobs” button.
- Then, choose the location of interest
- After which you select position of interest
- Review the job’s description, benefits, etc and click on “Apply Now” link to kick-start application.
- Then, click “I Accept” and then press “Continue”
- If you’re registered sign in to your account, otherwise press the “Register Here” link.
- Register – Fill in the form
- Then, “Save and Continue”
- Complete the remaining sections
- Then submit
Kindly note that after your application, the management of the location(s) you’ve applied to will review your application.
What’s the Average Employee Salary at Amazon?
According to a 2020 statistics, Amazon pays her average employee a starting wage fee $15 per hour. Yes, the company pays in hours. This highly favours remote workers. The firm works on the “the more the work, the more you earn principle“. This starting hourly wage applies to full time, part time, seasonal employees and contractors. Here’s the average salary structure at Amazon;
- Senior Manager, Product Management $151,550
- The Senior Software Engineer $152,400
- Senior Solutions Architect $153,500
- Corporate Counsel $153,900
- Principal Technical Program Manager $154,343
- The Principal Product Manager $154,841
- Senior Manager, Software Development $159,788
- Principal Software Engineer $160,000
- Senior Engineer Manager $160,000
- Principle Software Development Engineer $160,000
- Senior Software Development Manager $160,000
Which Countries Does the Company Operate?
Although her impact is felt worldwide, it is not found in all countries just like KPMG, Halliburton, Chevron, and ExxonMobil. However, it is found in Brazil, Canada, Mexico, United States, China, India and Japan. Also, m in
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- Europe France
- United Kingdom
Check out these work from home jobs which includes Amazon. I hope you found this piece enlightening. Share to friends and family!!!