If you love the sea and the force, then here is an opportunity to be involved with the two. Recruitment is currently not ongoing for the Nigerian Navy. However, you will be informed when the exercise commences. Here is a detailed and step-by-step guide to apply.
To be shortlisted, you have to provide the documents and fulfill the criteria. Not to worry, in this piece, you find all you need to know to ready yourself and apply. Interestingly, the pay is mouthwatering!!!
About The Nigerian Navy
Often regarded as the armed forces on the sea, the Nigerian Navy is a division of Nigerian Armed Forces. Frederick Lord Lugard expunged the institution from the Nigerian marine after the amalgamation of the southern and northern protectorate in 1914.
On establishment, their function was majorly to be in charge of the ports and harbours, channel dredging, lighting and voyage. However, in July 1959, the Nigerian Naval Force was changed “The Royal Nigerian Navy” by Queen Elizabeth II. So, this changed their initial function. In 1963, they renamed the organization to “The Nigerian Navy” which it still bares till date.
What are the duties of the Nigerian Navy?
It’s in the duty of the Nigerian Navy to keep all our water ways safe from external and internal influences. The Nigerian Navy helps to fight against oil theft, pirates, illegal fishing and immigration.
What are the Vacancies At the Nigerian Navy?
Recruitment is not ongoing at the Nigerian Navy at the moment. But in times past, the organization boasts of over 20 available positions for the take. Therefore, interested applicants should check below and apply according to the vacancy. The available vacancies include;
- Logistics Officer
- Information Officer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Clinical Psychologist
- Medical Lab Scientist
- Hospital Administrator
- General Nursing/ Midwife
- Accounts and Budget Officer
- Graduate Sports/PT Instructor
- General Doctor/Dental Surgeon
- Human Resource Management Office
- Information and Communication Technology Officer
- Medical Records/Health Information Management Officer
What Are the Requirements for Nigerian Navy Recruitment?
Just like other recruitment openings such as CBN, EFCC, INEC, NDE, ICPC and N-Power, the requirements vary. The Nigerian Navy takes into consideration physic. We have outlined below the requirements for Nigerian Navy Recruitment for 2021.
For better understanding, we have divided it into a different heading. They include;
- Applicants must be single.
- You should be a Nigerian citizen
- Must be physically and mentally sound.
- Applicants should be between 18 and 26 Years
- Height: Male applicants must not be shorter than 1.68 meters, while the female applicants must not stand at a height of 1.65 meters.
- Guarantor Form.
- Police Certification Form.
- First school leaving certificate.
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Local Government Attestation Form
- NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- Educational proof such as ND, NCE, degree certificate, O Level or OND holders.
Note: All certificates must be in their original form.
Who Shouldn’t Apply to Nigerian Navy?
Don’t apply if you have gone for an orthopedic surgery. Also, if you have been convicted in a court of law, please don’t apply. Ladies who are pregnant should not apply. Individuals with sight problem, hearing difficulties, Flat foot, Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability should not apply.
How Do I Apply To the Nigerian Navy?
Applying to the Nigerian Navy is straightforward. However, follow the steps strategically and sequentially. To apply, follow the steps below;
- Login to the portal via www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Click on register and begin registration.
- Read all information on the site carefully.
- Using a valid email address, create an account.
- Verify the email address through the link provided.
- Login back to access the Nigerian Navy recruitment form.
- Fill up the form with your correct details.
- Upload all scanned copies of your documents as stated above.
- Submit your application form.
Note: they do all applications online.
What Next After Application to Nigerian Navy?
Most applicants ask the “What Next” question. What next depends if your application was accepted. If the Human Resource Manager considers you a recruitable candidate, then you go over to the next stage: Interview.
Candidates who make it to the interview stage are said to be shortlisted. Shortlisted Candidates will find their names on the Nigerian Navy list of successful candidates. After the names have been pasted, successful candidates will write an aptitude test and have an interview with the HR. They will announce the date and time for the test and interview.
The Centre for Aptitude Test for the Nigerian Navy Recruitment
Although the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Headquarters is in Lagos, you do not need to go to Lagos to fulfill your recruitment exercises. The Nigerian Navy has different locations for the interview and aptitude test. Therefore, regardless of your location in the country, you can write test without going to Lagos.
Interestingly, applicants can choose any of the test centres. The DSSC recruitment test centres for 2021 include;
- FCT Abuja
- Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
- Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
- Bauchi State
- Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
- Owerrinta, Imo State
- Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
- Lagos State
- Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
- Port-Harcourt City
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
- AirForce Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
- Sokoto State
- Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Note: If your current state of residence does not have a test centre for Nigerian Navy Recruitment, you can choose the nearest location to you. They’re all valid and open to conduct the test.
What’s the Salary Structure for the Nigerian Navy?
Salary depends on your rank and duration of stay at the Nigerian Navy. Majorly, salary is rank dependent. Below is the monthly salary of some ranks in the Nigerian Navy.
- Admiral ₦1,358,595
- Vice-Admiral ₦1,113,602
- Rear Admiral ₦1,003,245
- Commodore ₦615,488
- Captain ₦309,655
- Commander ₦281,674