Clicking on this article suggests you have a consideration to join the Nigerian Army. If that’s this case, then you just clicked right. Here is a comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about the Nigeria Army Recruitment 2021.
For the records, you will also discover the salary structure of unique positions in the Nigerian Army. However, you can explore recruitment into the Nigeria Police, Nigerian Navy, Civil Defence, Nigeria Custom, as well as Nigerian Air Force.
Let’s explore this opportunity!!!
About the Nigerian Army
Established in 1960, the Nigerian Army began its operation with immediate effect in the same year. Since then, we have felt her effects across the nation. Basically, the Nigerian Army is vested with the task of controlling land related vices and terrorism. Also, they ensure the peace and stability of Nigerian citizens.
Sequel to that, we have stated the functions of the Nigerian army below;
- Protecting the Nations land areas.
- Supporting territorial wholesomeness.
- Delivering basic defensive operations.
- Maintaining peace and orderliness in the country.
- Attaining highly specialized skills in delivering moral duties.
- Protecting the control against any form of external aggression.
- Safeguarding the country’s borders against external and internal attack.
Armed with this understanding, it’s expedient that applicants arm themselves with this information. Also, during the interview section, which is the last phase of Army Recruitment, you will answer these as questions.
What Are The Requirements Needed to Apply For the Nigeria Army Recruitment?
For every recruitment process, there is a needed requirement (s). Same applies for the Nigeria Army Recruitment. Below is a list of the documents and other criteria one must possess to apply for the Nigeria Army Recruitment 2021.
Documents Needed For Nigeria Army Recruitment Registration
During the registration for the Nigeria Army Recruitment, all candidates must submit a list of document to validate their registration. Remember, you must upload all these documents during the registration process. The documents or credentials include;
- Passport photograph.
- Academic certificates.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Proof of National Identification.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Professional body certifications as evidence of membership
Other Criteria You Must Fulfill Include;
- All applicants must be medically, physically, and mentally fit.
- You must be free from any criminal offence as at the point of registration,
- All applicants who have an interest in the Nigeria Army Recruitment must be Nigerian by birth. Not just that, you have to prove it by presenting your National Identity Card.
- Also, you must present proof of academic certification. Applicants should get at least 4 credit pass minimum in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB in at least 2 sittings. However, applying Tradesmen/women must possess OND/Trades Test/City and Guild Certificate.
- With regard to age, interested applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, whereas tradesmen/women must be between the ages of 18 and 26.
- Applicants must understand their native language alongside English language. Any other additional language is an advantage.
- Physically, male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres and the female applicants 1.62 metres.
How Do I Apply For the Nigeria Army Recruitment 2021?
The Nigeria Army Recruitment is seemingly the only recruitment process that’s seamlessly easy. Courtesy of the Nigerian Army recruit team, the registration process has been broken in the following steps;
- Log on to the Nigerian Army Recruitment portal via the link https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/ or naportal.com.ng
- Meticulously go through the requirements and understand them properly.
- Next is to select the category or rank of interest you want to apply for.
- Using an active and verified email address, sign up for an account.
- Complete the application form by providing the right details and information where you ought to.
- Submit it by uploading the application form to the website.
Note: Print all documents after the registration. They will need these documents at the examination centres to validate your registration.
What Next After the Registration With the Nigerian Army?
Contrary to popular trends, do not expect the popular Pre-Selection Computer-Based Test. Also, there is no Special centre for recruitment and to that effect, there will be no Zonal Screening Exercise.
However, all screening of potential recruits will be conducted at the candidates’ respective state of origin. To that stead, all who will be shortlisted will be emailed. Then they are to come to the venue of the State recruitment exercise with no electronic or recording device.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Nigeria Army Recruitment
Is The Nigerian Army Currently Recruiting?
Sadly, recruitment into the Nigeria Army for 2021 is closed. However, we will bring the news to your fingertips once registration begins. All you have to do is to visit the site frequently.
How Much Does Soldiers in the Nigerian Army Earn?
If you think the soldiers earn well, you are not wrong. For such selfless service, it’s normal for the soldiers to be compensated handsomely. From our research, we have found out the average monthly salary of each rank in the Nigeria Army after recruitment. Here is the monthly salary of soldiers from the lowest to the highest level.
- Corporal N58,000
- Sergeant N63,000
- Staff Sergeant N68,000
- Warrant Officer N80,000
- Master Warrant Officer N90,000
- Second Lieutenant N120,000
- Lieutenant N180,000
- Captain N220,000
- Major N300,000
- Lieutenant Colonel N350,000
- Colonel N550,000
- Brigadier General N750,000
- Major General N950,000
- Lieutenant General N1 million
- General N1.5 million
Although some other stipends and allowances apply, the above is the average salary of soldiers in the Nigeria Army after recruitment. As you progress in rank, the salary increases.
What’s the Cost of the Nigeria Army Recruitment Form?
Kindly note that the Nigeria Army Recruitment form is free. Note, they do application online only when the portal has been enabled for registration. This process is at no cost. Do not be deceived.
What Should I Avoid During Registration for The Nigeria Army Recruitment?
Do not falsify your document, all documents must be genuine. They will disqualify you if the team finds out your documents are false.