If you have been desiring to join the Nigerian Police, here is an opportunity to via the recruitment exercise. Here is a detailed guide on all you need to know to apply for the Nigeria Police Recruitment 2021.
About The Nigerian Police Force (NPF)
Abbreviated as the NPF, the Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria. The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police. Currently, the NPF has a staff deployment across the 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Interestingly, the Nigeria Police do not only have the Force arm. For administrative ease, they divide the Force into seven (7) administrative departments. These departments do not work in isolation. However, through a collaborative effort, they see to the achieving of organization role which is “Law Enforcement”.
The departments include;
- Finance and Administration
- Research and Planning
- Force Criminal Investigation Department
- Information and Communication Technology
Each of these departments is headed by a Deputy Inspector General of Police.
Before applying to the Nigerian Police Force, remember there are limited entry positions. They will recruit applicants into either of the three entry positions. Below is the list of Police Service Commission (PSC) Categories:
- Police Constable
- The Cadet Inspector of Police
- Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police
We recommend you acquaint yourself with the above positions to know your best fit. This will also help you ready your requirements. This is so because unique positions will require a little or extra requirements for specificity.
What Recruitment Requirements Do I Need to Apply to The Nigeria Police Force?
Compared to recruitment in Nigerian Navy, Civil Defence, Nigerian Air Force, and other Force Agencies in Nigeria, the requirements are similar. Application to the Nigeria Police requires the right requirements. The tendency of the Nigeria Police Force to recruit you largely depends on the credibility of your application.
Here are the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) recruitment requirements for 2021;
- Certificate of Origin
- Birth Certificate / Declaration of Age
- A secondary school educational proof for Non-Graduates such as WASSCE, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB with a minimum of five credits, including English and Mathematics.
- Applicants who wish to apply for the position of Cadet Inspectors should possess either an Advanced Level (A level), Ordinary National Diploma (OND), National Certificate in Education (NCE) or their equivalents.
- A University degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND) is required if you’re a Graduate.
- Valid means of identification which could be Voter’s card, Driving license, National passport, or international passport.
- Interested candidates who wish to apply for police constables must be fluent in English and great at Mathematics.
- Must be a Nigerian.
- All applicants must be between 17 and 25 years.
- As with a Force Agency, you must be medical, physical, and psychologically fit.
- Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of the recruitment. If you are, they will disqualify you.
- Male candidates must not be less than 1.67m tall, whereas the female should not be less than 1.64m tall.
How Do I Apply for Nigeria Police Recruitment 2021?
Kindly note that all applications for recruitment for the Nigeria Police are online. What this means is that there is no paper and pen registration. Therefore, to apply follow the steps as we have listed below.
- First, visit the official Nigeria Police recruitment portal via the link http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng
- Select the entry position of choice as stated above
- Fill the form correctly with the required details.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Upload scanned copies of your documents.
- Check the consent box and click submit (Ensure the information is valid and correct)
- Upon successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message on the email you provided.
- Print the confirmation slip and carefully note your Application Reference ID.
- Download and print Guarantor’s form.
After registration, the Nigeria Police recruitment team will only invite applicants who met the requirements from the online registration for physical screening at all state commands via test/email. If you make it to this phase, there is a surety of being shortlisted.
Note: Any false information will lead to automatic disqualification.
Application Deadline: 10th January 2022.
What Next After the Nigerian Police Recruitment Registration?
The registration is just “one step” in the right direction. Once you are done with the registration, next is an expectation for a test. They will send candidates who met the requirements as proposed by the Nigeria Police Recruitment team an invitation to write an aptitude test.
Many applicants shudder at the sound of “Aptitude Test”. But you do not have to worry about that. You can prepare using the past question booklet for the Nigeria Police Test. Kindly note that the test will take place in different outlets via CBT.
The Police High Command fixes the date, it will be duly circulated once they fix it. On the other hand, we recommend you monitor the Police website or frequently visit our site for updates on that.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Nigeria Police Recruitment.
Is Recruitment Ongoing at the Nigeria Police Department?
Sadly, recruitment is no longer ongoing at the Nigerian Police. Currently, the organization is short-listing candidates for the Computer-Based Test (CBT). However, you can keep your ears to the ground for more details on the next recruitment.
What’s the Cost of The Nigeria Police Recruitment Form?
Do not be deceived, the Nigeria Police force recruitment form is free. They attach no amount of money to its procurement.
How Do I Get to the Nigeria Police?
What is the Salary Structure Of Officers at the Nigerian police?
Salary at the Nigerian Police depends on the rank. However, we have put together what the salary of officers looks like per year below;
- Inspector General N8,537,980
- Deputy and Assistant Inspector-General N5,997,022.50
- Commissioner Of Police on Grade 15 (step6) N4,302,970.50
- Deputy Commissioner Of Police On Grade 14 (step7) N3,346,233.50
- Assistant Commissioner Of Police Grade 13 (step10) N2,555,257.90
- Cadet Inspector On Grade 07 (step10) N1,045,628.10
- A Sergeant Major On Grade 06 (step 1) N661.737.72
- Police Sergeant On Grade 05 (step1) N582,490.56
- The Police Corporal On Grade 04 (1) N536.586.36
- Police Constable Grade level 03 N519.525.6
- The Police Recruit Salary N108,233.10.