Fighting crimes can be done in many ways in Nigeria. Aside from joining the EFCC, Army, Air Force and other force in Nigeria, you can join the NIS. Through her recruitment process, the Nigerian Immigration Service employs a number of persons each year.
Therefore, we deem it fit to put together all you need to know to apply for the recruitment. Also, we have embedded in the writing the salary structure, sequence of application and more. Let’s get started!!!
About The Nigerian Immigration Service
Although extracted from the Nigerian Police Force in 1958, the NIS have been functioning independently. Since its inception, the NIS is an agency charged with the responsibility of controlling the movement of people coming in and out of Nigeria. Generally, their activities are closely monitored by the Federal Government.
Functions of the Nigerian Immigration Service
- Her primary function is to oversee the movement of people traveling outside or into the country.
- Also, they are to issue all travel documents. Such documents include; passport for international migration.
- Furthermore, NIS collaborates with other security agencies to carry surveillance on major roads leading into the country.
What Are the Requirements For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment?
Before sending in your application for the Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment, you have to consider your eligibility. This eligibility stretches beyond your credentials and documents. In this section, we have put together under different categories the requirements for the Nigerian Immigration Service recruitment. They Include;
- Only Nigerians can apply. Therefore, this job is not open to Non-Nigerians.
- Since this is like a Force job, you have to be medically fit.
- All applicants must be debt free. So on the application form you are going to state if you are indebted or not. (Do not lie)
- Also, only those within the age bracket 18 to 30 years can apply.
- There is also a height limit, just like in age. The recommended height is 1.65m for male and 1.60 for female.
- For the post of Superintendent, you will input your NYSC certificate number.
- A BSC, HND and possibly ND for a lower position. Or possibly any proof of educational qualification.
- Proof of medical fitness from a recognized hospital. Note: This is mandatory.
- Certificate of age declaration or birth.
Note: All these documents should be in PDF and the size should be 200kb or below.
How Do I Apply for The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment?
For job recruitment such as Nigerian Customs Service, NDLEA, NAFDAC etc you need a guide. Same applies for the Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment. For a successful application, follow the steps below;
- Log onto the NIS portal http://www.immigrationrecruitment.org.ng (Anything Contrary to this link is false)
- Next, choose your Cadre of choice. You only have 3 cadre to select from. Ensure you understand each role, requirements and functions before applying.
- Once you make a choice, click on ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’
- Input your email and other details to create an account.
- Using the verification link sent to your email, verify your account.
- Once you verify your account, you will be redirected to the recruitment stage.
- Now, fill all information on the form. Ensure that your entries are correct. Do not falsify!!!
- Upload your passports in portrait form. The passport must fulfill the following;
- Must be 200KB in size.
- It should be very clear.
- Be in JPG, JPEG or PNG format.
- The size should be 600 x 600 pixels.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment
What Are the Ranks In the Nigerian Immigration Service?
For all force related jobs, they come in ranks. Same applies for the Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment. The Ranks in NIS arranged in order includes;
- Comptroller General Immigration Service
- Assistant Comptrollers General
- Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration
- Senior Inspector of Immigration
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration
- Immigration Assistant
- Passport Officers
How Long is the Nigerian Immigration Service Training?
Before you begin work in the Nigerian immigration service, you have to undergo training. Yes, all successful recruits will undergo training on how to migrate out or into the country. Although it takes a while, it’s worth it.
The Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment is a step. However, the job requires adequate information and skills. Hence, they train recruits for about 6 months before posting them to their respective station.
What is the Salary Structure Of Workers in NIS?
Now, the Salary structure at the Nigerian Immigration Service after recruitment varies. Depending on rank and position, the Salary of each worker is different. Well, it’s not out of place to want to know what the Salary looks like.
Although we do not have a full details of all the positions, we have outlined few below;
- Protocol Officer 149, 00
- Immigration Assistant 37, 000
- Administrative Assistant 125, 000
- Deputy Superintendent Immigration Officer 150, 000
- Comptroller General 250,000
Note: These are the monthly salary of workers at NIS. Also, the minimum salary at NIS is 30,000 Naira. However, as you increase in rank, your salary increases.
Where is the Nigerian Immigration Service Office Located?
Fact is many applicants would want to secure the form offline. Although this is needful, the online platform is more direct. However, the Nigerian Immigration Service Offices for recruitment are in right zones. They include;
Location: PWD Bus Stop, former Passport Office, Ikeja Lagos State.
Location: Fed. Secretariat, Ahmadu Bello Way Kaduna, Kaduna State.
Location: Customs House, Yelwa Bauchi, Bauchi State.
Location: Niger State Secretariat, Minna.
Location: Customs House, Onitsha Road Owerri, Imo State.
Location: Customs Building, Bodija Ibadan, Oyo State.
Location: Ikpoba Hill by Command Hqters, Benin City, Edo State.
Location: 6, Kashim Ibrahim Road, Command Haters Makurdi, Benue State.