Clicking on this link suggests you want to do your NYSC in Abuja. Also, in that vein, you’re looking out for NYSC PPA’s in Abuja. This article not only gives you that, but it also includes the top 10 paying companies for corpers in Abuja.
Interestingly, we have also given tips on how to secure a spot in any of the top paying companies in Abuja as a Corper. Let’s get started!!
Tips On How To Secure a Spot In Top Paying Companies In Abuja As A Corper.
Talking about securing a spot in one of the top paying companies in Abuja as a corner, you really have to play your cards well. Playing your cards well insinuates that you need not be just a “Corper”.
Abuja is a land of opportunities. However, many miss those opportunities because they were not informed. Therefore, we have put together some things that can land you a good PPA in one of the top paying companies in Abuja for corpers.
To make it into any of the top paying companies in Abuja as a Corper, here’s what to do;
- Become a platoon leader
- If you cannot be a platoon leader, acquaint yourself with your platoon leader.
- Join the parade and involve yourself actively. It will stress you but it’ll be worth it when you secure an amazing PPA.
- You can join either the Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS), the camp’s medical team, the band or the kitchen volunteers.
- Take part and win Mr. Macho or Miss NYSC. (Don’t worry, you don’t have to be masculine to win this!!!)
Now, doing either of these will give you an opportunity to make a choice of PPA. Therefore, when the open cheque is presented to you, you can now choose either of the top paying companies in Abuja that we have listed below for corpers.
Kindly note that doing or joining either of the things mentioned above will give you that open cheque. Many have joined one or more of these categories and they broke down. You don’t want that!!! Ensure you use either of the platforms as we have mentioned to secure a spot in one of the top paying companies in Abuja for corpers.
What Skills Do Companies in Abuja Look At For Corpers?
Truth be told, landing a job in any of the parastatals in Abuja requires a lot of work. Many Corpers think Abuja is a “Cruise Zone”, that’s a part truth. However, it’s expedient you know that hiring for many companies in Abuja does not change simply because you are serving.
Your skills and outstanding competencies will pace the way for consideration. Although HR will cut you some slack for experiential knowledge, not with skills. Therefore, we have articulated the skills most companies in Abuja look out for in Corpers. They include;
- ood morals
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a computer well
- The ability to work under pressure
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
What Documents Do They Lookout For?
Your proof of educational qualification is a necessary criterion. With a first-class or a second class upper result, you will automatically become a hot cake ready for hire.
Also, if you have any other certifications from conferences or qualities that will entice to your employer, do not hesitate to add them. (It’s a matter of best fit, just ensure you can defend the certifications)
Other documents depending on the job role and parastatals.
What Sectors Pay Well in Abuja?
Fact is that it’s easier to track down this top-paying companies to their sectors. Interestingly, some sectors pay higher than others, regardless of what you do. Therefore, in your search for PPA locations in Abuja as a Corper, go through the sectors. Some even offer corpers accommodation. (Ensure you don’t bank on it!!!).
Getting a top-paying job as a Corper will require you to work under certain establishments. And that’s exactly what’s we have done below. The agencies or top paying companies you can work with in Abuja as a Corper include;
- Building and Construction Sector
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Private Firms such as telecommunications companies, e.g. MTN, GLO and Etisalat.
- Government establishment, e.g. NNPC, CBN, FIRS, National Assembly and MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Banks like Zenith bank, GT Bank etc (One reason corpers avoid this parastals is because of the tight working hours and targets)
- International organisations and embassies such as the UN, USAID, ENABLE, BRITISH COUNCIL, and offices of all the foreign high commissions in Abuja.
- And others,
Top 10 Paying Companies In Abuja For Corpers in 2022
Truth is listing all the top paying companies in Abuja for corpers will be cumbersome. What this means is that it will be pretty difficult for you to make a choice. But we have listed some of them. If you want to know more, you can go through the sectors listed above.
The top 10 companies include;
- John Holt and its Affiliate Companies e.g. Distribution, Fire Protection, leasing etc.
- Aceland Industries LTD
- Agro Allied Development Enterprises LTD
- BNL Engineering and Construction LTD
- CHANNELS INC LTD. (Channels TV)
- Diplomat Travels & Tourism Agency
- Industrial and Commercial Projects (NIG.) LTD.
- NLPC Pension Fund Administrators LTD
- Nobel & Lesley Consulting LTD
- Tokke Maritime Services LTD