Senior Payments Engineer – Remote Peek Portland, Oregon, United States . Qualified and interested candidates should see how to apply.
With nearly $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics.
Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Pennekamp State Park have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 150 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America’s Best Startups Employer list !
Engineering at Peek
Peek’s engineering team takes pride in balancing the fast pace of a startup with the needs of a mature B2B SaaS business.
We have a modern tech stack, built with Elixir, Ruby, Ember.js , and Swift. We love GraphQL and Kubernetes and deploy on AWS and GCP.
The Role of a Senior Payments Engineer at Peek
Are you passionate about developing reliable software, solving interesting problems, and delighting customers?
Want to work on interesting technical problems around booking management and payments?
Peek is looking for a senior engineer to join our Payments team.
The ideal candidate has 6+ years of software development experience and has domain knowledge of marketplaces and payment systems.
Additional experience with message queues, service-oriented architectures, GraphQL, and/or mobile technologies is also desired but not required.
In this role as a Senior Payments Engineer at Peek, you will have the opportunity to take on ownership, learn new technologies and influence the technical direction of the Peek platform.
Your Work As a Senior Payments Engineer at Peek
We work collaboratively, move fast, and value technical quality. If you are excited about the challenge of building an incredible product while working alongside a great engineering team, we’d love to hear from you!
Our team is 100% remote, however, we prefer candidates within the time zones of the greater United States (UTC-10 to UTC-4).
English is our business language, and fluency is required. We are not sponsoring US work visas at this time.
Examples Of Projects Built By Senior Payments Engineers At Peek
- Payment processing
- Supplier payments
- Real-time availability
- Fraud detection
- Integrations with Google, Expedia, TripAdvisor, and Groupon
- Standardized activity booking API for the travel industry
Responsibilities of Senior Payments Engineers At Peek
- Provide technical leadership for the Peek platform, e.g. establishing and maintaining best development practices and thinking deeply about software architecture choices
- Evolve the platform along with both product and technical axis (performance/scalability, security/compliance, DevOps, etc)
- Act as a mentor to fellow software engineers, through code reviews, design document critiques, and brainstorms throughout the software development process
- Collaborate with product managers and business teams to identify and execute the best solutions, focusing on business impact, code quality, and maintaining codebase and system health
- Senior Payments Engineer at Peek communicates effectively and participate with team members in an Agile environment
- Willingness to take ownership over shared services built and used across all Peek applications
- Deliver production-quality code with adequate automated test coverage.
Also Apply: UX Content Strategy Intern at Mailchimp Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Requirements To Apply As A Senior Payments Engineer at Peek
- Experience with a payment or marketplace platform. At least one year as a developer on a payments related system
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong communication skills
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, TDD
Personal Attributes of the Senior Payments Engineer Applicant at Peek
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: we work collaboratively to solve problems, and value team success over individual achievement. We love working with people who can ask hard questions, offer unusual solutions, and are willing to compromise when solving challenging problems on a deadline.
- Comfortable working remotely: we are 100% remote, and rely on Slack, email, Signal, and Zoom to stay connected.
- Well organized and self-motivated: we work in a fast-paced environment, our teams are growing, and our priorities shift on a quarterly basis as we move into new markets.
- Advocate for self-care while managing a high workload: we want you to show up as your best self and speak up for what you need to stay healthy and engaged.
Nice To Haves
- Experience using Elixir/Ruby or functional languages (Scala / Closure)
- Experience with message queues such as RabbitMQ
- And also an Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases
Perks & Benefits Working As A Senior Payments Engineer At Peek
- United Healthcare PPO or HSA options – large portion paid by employer!
- 100% paid dental option
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Employer-paid life insurance
- $50 monthly Work from Home stipend
- $50 monthly Health and Wellness reimbursement to focus on health
- 10-days of accrued vacation
- 5-days of accrued Sick Leave and Mental Health Days
- 17-days of company observed holidays, including Juneteenth, and 2-solid weeks at the holidays in December
- Paid Birthday Day Off to celebrate you during the week of your birthday
- 401k with company matching of 50% up to 6%
- Paid parental leave including adoption
- Work on a computer an average of six hours per day
- Extended periods of concentration
- Ability to speak in front of groups of people via Zoom
- Frequent communication (Internal – 90%; External – 10%) (written / verbal)
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
All Senior Payments Engineers Applicants At Peek Should Note:
- Seniority level: Associate
- Industry: Travel Arrangements
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job functions: Engineering, information Technology.
- 10 Best NYSC States and How They Treat Corpers
- Best NYSC PPA in Borno State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Enugu State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Imo State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Jigawa State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Gombe State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kaduna State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in FCT Abuja that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kano State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Katsina State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kwara State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Ebonyi State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kebbi State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kogi State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Bayelsa State that Accepts Corps Members in 2023
- Best NYSC PPA in Abia State that Accepts Corps Members in 2023
- Best NYSC PPA in Cross River State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Ekiti State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Edo State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Delta State that Accepts Corps Members