If you are hoping to serve in Rivers state but don’t know whether you can get a good NYSC PPA in the state, then this article is for you.
The NYSC is a period when citizens of Nigeria who are graduates of tertiary institutions, whether in Nigeria or abroad, serve Nigeria.
This service must be in Nigeria, because, during the service, you are not supposed to leave your place of service.
Also, during the service, the Nigerian government assigns you to a Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) where you will serve for one year.
This place could be a school, a hospital, a government or state parastatal, etc.
It is compulsory as a Nigerian Youth to serve the country, especially if you plan on getting a job in Nigeria or working for the Nigerian government.
At the end of the Service, a certificate is given to you, which you can add to your credentials for job applications in Nigeria.
So, if after your NYSC application, you find yourself in Rivers state, I know you would only like to serve in the best PPA in the state.
As a result, this article presents you with a comprehensive list of some of the best NYSC PPA in Rivers state.
Also, you will learn a lot about the state – security issues, how much Rivers state pays corpers and so on.
Let’s start with knowing the condition of Rivers state for NYSC service.
Is Rivers state good for NYSC service?
To judge whether Rivers state is a good state for NYSC, there are a lot of factors we need to consider.
This is because different people have their tastes and criteria for judging whether a state is nice for service or not.
As a result, you will not expect my judgement to be the same as yours.
With that in mind, let’s begin our judgement from the camp.
1. What is the nature of Rivers state NYSC Orientation camp?
The Rivers State NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp is located at Nonwa-Gbam Tai Local Government Area, Rivers State.
It is a well-regimented environment where discipline is enforced with love.
The camp is very neat, and the environment is very conducive.
Many of the hostels were recently renovated, and the floors are well tiled, including bathrooms and toilets.
The only challenge you may face in the camp is that it rains all the time there and when it’s sunny, it is scorching hot.
2. What is the state of infrastructures in Rivers state?
River state has some of the best roads you will find in Southern Nigeria.
Most of the major roads in the state are well tarred and they are wide enough to accommodate more vehicles.
Electricity is always constantly unless your area is not connected to the grid or probably there’s an issue with the transformer.
Otherwise, you will enjoy very long hours of electricity in Rivers state.
Water supply is largely dependent on private boreholes in different compounds.
Network signal on the other depends on your location, but you will definitely find a signal in your phone anyways.
3. What is the cost of living in Rivers state as an NYSC corps member?
The cost of living in Rivers state is not too high but at the same time not cheap.
The cost of housing is the highest cost you will encounter in this state.
Apart from that, food and transportation prices are moderately priced.
Healthcare service on the other hand will depend on the hospital or clinic you visit.
Some charge very high while others are moderately priced.
In the end, living in Portharcourt will need certain levels of financial discipline or you will find yourself spending more than you should.
4. How much does Rivers state government pay NYSC corps members?
Rivers state is one of the oil-rich states in Nigeria.
As a result, we expect that they treat NYSC corps members very well.
However, not everyone in the state gets to enjoy the dividends that emanate from the government of the state.
In 2019, the government of Rivers state started paying corpers serving in the state a monthly allowance of for those serving outside Portharcourt.
While those in Portharcourt receive an allowance of N10,000 every month.
Unfortunately, this money is not for everyone.
It is mostly for those serving in selected industries or directly with the government.
5. Is Rivers state safe for NYSC corps members?
Rivers state is very safe for corps members who choose to serve here.
In the past, the state had a lot of problems with kidnappings and militant activities.
However, that ship has long sailed.
The activities of cultists within the state, especially around the University areas have been drastically ameliorated.
Therefore, serving in Rivers state is just a good way to enjoy your service year.
List of companies that accept NYSC corps members in Rivers state
Now that we know so much about Rivers state, let’s see the different companies that accept corpers in the state.
There are many good places for your NYSC primary assignment (PPA) in Rivers state, and they cut across several industries.
However, most of the best and government NYSC PPA is located in Rivers state capital, Portharcourt.
Depending on your field, you can also research on Google for a good PPA in Rivers state.
To help you get started with your research, here is the list of the best NYSC PPA that you can find in Rivers state.
- ABSAF GROUP OF COMPANIES
- ABX AIRBORNE EXPRESS
- ACCESS BANK PLC
- ACELAND INDUSTRIES LTD
- ACORN PETROLEUM PLC
- ACOUNS NIGERIA LTD
- ACT NETWORKS LTD
- ADAMAC GROUP OF COMPANIES
- ADAMB E RUGS and CARPETS NIG. LTD
- ADEFILA & PARTNERS
- ADEPETUN, CAXTON-MARTINS, AGBOR & SEGUN
- ADIC INSURANCE LIMITED
- ADMIRALTY FLEET LTD
- ADNAN MANSOOR NIGERIA LTD
- ADVANCED INTERNATIONAL MERCHANTS LTD
- ADVANCED MARITIME TRANSPORT NIG. LTD
- AERO CONTRACTORS COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED
- AEROMARITIME GROUP OF COMPANIES
- AFN BROKERS LTD
- AFRIBANK SECURITIES LTD
- AFRICA OILFIELD SERVICES LTD
- AFRICAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- AFRICAN GENERAL INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- AFRICAN INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- AFRICAN OIL & GAS LTD
- AFRICAN PETROLEUM PLC
- AFRIJET AIRLINES LTD
- AFRINVEST WEST AFRICA LTD
- AFRITAL LTD
- AFROCOMMERCE (W.A.) LTD
- AFTRAC LTD
- AGOFURE NIG. LTD
- AGS AFRICA WORLDWIDE REMOVALS LTD
- AGUATECNICA COMPANY LTD
- AIICO INSURANCE PLC
- AIKON ENGINEERING LTD
- AIR FRANCE KLM (NIGERIA)
- AIR LlQUIDE NIGERIA PLC
- AIR NIGERIA DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
- AIR SEA FREIGHTERS LTD
- AIRFLOW ENGINEERING WORKS LTD
- AJUMOGO BIA & OKEKE
- AKAROLO GROUP OF COMPANIES
- AKINTOLA WILLlAMS DELOITTE
- ALARM CENTER LTD
- ALBA NIGERIA LTD
- ALBERDIN ENERGY SERVICES LTD
- ALCON NIGERIA LTD
- AL IBERT PRODUCTS (NIG.) LTD
- ALLIANCE & GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- ALLIANCE AUTOS NIG. LTD
- ALLIED GROUP
- ALLIED HOME APPLIANCES LTD
- ALLIED TECHNOL SYSTEM LTD
- ALLRAY MARITIME SERVICES LTD
- ALO ALUMINIUM MANUFACTURING CO. LTD
- ALPHA OFFICE AUTOMATION LTD
- ALPHA-JURIS CHAMBERS
- ALRAINE SHIPPING AGENCIES (NIGERIA) LTD
- ALUKO & OYEBODE
- ALUMACO PLC
- ALUMINIUM CITY LTD
- ALUMINIUM METAL TECHNOLOGIES LTD
- AMANA CAPITAL PENSION LIMITED
- AMANA CONSORTIUM LTD
- AMAZON ENERGY LTD
- AMBED INTERNATIONAL (NIG.) LTD
- AMBER RESOURCES NIG. LTD
- AMESI COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES LTD
- AMNI INTERNATIONAL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LTD
- AMYN INVESTMENTS LTD
- ANA INDUSTRIES LTD
- ANAMIKE NIGERIA LTD
- ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- ANDIMADU INTERNATIONAL LTD
- ANKOR POINTE INTEGRATED LTD
- ANSA SYSTEMS LTD
- OFOMA ASSOCIATES
- OIL and INDUSTRIAL SERVICES LTD
- OILDATA WIRELINE SERVICES LTD
- OILFIELD & WATERWAYS SERVICES CO. LTD
- OILSERV LTD
- OILTEST SERVI CES NIG. LTD
- OJEMAI FARMS LTD
- OLOWQ TECHNICAL VENTURES & SONS (NIG.) LTD
- OLUSOLA ADEKANO LA & COMPANY GROUP
- OMOSIGHO , OMORODION & PARTNERS
- OMOT FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEERING LTD
- OPEAN NIGERIA LTD
- OPEN LEARNING ASSOCIATES LTD
- OPTICOM LEASING CO. LTD
- ORA EGBUNIKE & ASSOCIATES
- ORPHEUS COMPANY LTD
- ORWELL INTERNATIONAL (OIL & GAS) NIGERIA LTD
- OSAS & OSEJI
- OSITA OKOLI and COMPANY
- P. B. D JEBAH & CO. LTD
- P.S. MANDRIDES PLC
- PALM LINE AGENCIES NIG. LTD
- PALMER & PARTNERS
- PAMO CLINICS
- PANABIZ INTERNATIONAL LTD
- PANAR LTD
- PARTNERSHIP INVESTMENT CO. LTD
- PATHCARE NIGERIA
- PEACE MASS TRANSIT LTD
- PEACE TIDINGS VENTURES LTD
- PEACOCK CREATIONS NIG. LTD
- PELLEGRINI NIGERIA CATERING LTD
- PANALPINA WORLD TRANSPORT (NIGERIA) LIMITED
- PENSIONS ALLIANCE LIMITED
- PERA-BEAM LTD
- PESTKIL (NIGERIA) LTD
- PET-JIBSO N and COMPANY LTD
- PETROLOG LTD
- PETRONELLA NIG. LTD
- PETROSCANALOG INTERNATIONAL LTD
- PETROSTUFF NIG. LTD
- PIONEER-ALFA PETROLEUM SERVICES (NIGERIA) LTD
- PIPELINES and PRODUCTS MARKETING COMPANY LIMITED (PPMC)
- PIPELINE PIGGING PRODUCTS & ACCESSORIES LTD
- PLANTGERIA COMPANY LTD
- PM GLOBAL CONSULTING
- POLMAZ LTD
- POLO SACKS LTD
- PONITEC LTD
- P ONTICELLI LTD
- PORT HARCOURT FLOUR MILLS LTD
- PORT HARCOURT REFINING COMPANY LIMITED
- POWER CONTROL & APPLIANCES
- POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PLC (PHCN)
- POWER SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY LTD
- POWERCOOL NIG. LTD
- POWERTRON (NIG.) LTD
- PPC LTD
- PPI TECHNOLOGY SERVICES NIG. LTD
- PRECIOUS SAVING S & LOANS LTD
- PREMIUM HEALTH LTD
- PR ESSURE CONTROL SYSTEMS NIG. LTD
- PRESTIGE ASSURANCE PLC
- PRIME ENERGY RESOURCES LTD
- PREMIUM PENSION LIMITED
- PRIMUS NIGERIA LTD
- PRIVATE NETWORKS NIG. LTD
- PROFUND SECURITIES LTD
- PROJECT MASTERS NIGERIA LTD
- PROPERTY & PECUNIARY INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- PROSERV NIGERIA LTD
- PROTEA HOTEL GARDEN CITY
- PROTEA HOTEL RANCH RESORT
- PROTECTIVE COATING DISTRIBUTORS NIGERIA LTD
- Q OIL and GAS SERVICES LTD
- Q SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LTD
- Q-SHE LTD
- QUAD MUD LOGGING COMPANY (NIG) LTD
- QUALITY CONTROL and TESTING LABORATORIES LTD
- QUANTUM SECURITIES LTD
- QUICHI PROPERTIES and INVESTMENTS LTD
- QUINCY HERBAL SLIMMERS
- RT BRISCOE (NIGERIA) PLC
- RA LEIGH INDUSTRIES (NIG) PLC
- RANGK LTD
- RAPIDO VENTURES LTD
- REAL IMAGE SYSTEMS LTD
- REAL OIL MILLS (NIG.) LTD
- REGENCY ALLIANCE INSURANCE PLC
- REMM Oil SERVICES LTD
- RESEARCH & MARKETING SERVICES LIMITED
- RESERVOIR FLUIDS LABORATORIES NIG. LTD
- RESOURCE INTERMEDIARIES LTD
- RESOURCERY PLC
- REWARDS TRAVELS & TOURS LTD
- RIKKY PLAZA HOTEL
- RISONPALM LTD
- RIVERS TRANSPORT CO. LTD
- RIVERS VEGETABLE Oil CO. LTD
- ROCKSON ENGINEERING CO. LTD
- ROK PROJECTS LTD
- ROMEK & CO. LTD
- ROMSON OILFIELD SERVICES LTD
- ROSABON FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD
- ROTARY ENGINEERING NIG. LTD
- ROYAL EXCHANGE ASSURANCE (NIGERIA) PLC
- ROYALSEC SERVICES CO. LTD
- SAFA STEEL & CHEMICAL MANUFACTURING LTD
- SAFE-TRAK TECHNICAl. SYSTEMS LTD
- SAFMARINE NIG. LTD
- SAHARA BULK STORAGE FACILITIES LTD
- SAHARA ENERGY RESOURCES LTD
- SAIMA NIGERIA LTD
- SAINT FLAIRS AWARDS LTD
- SAIPEM CONTRACTING NIGERIA LIMITED
- SAlT & SAlT INTERNATIONAL LTD
- SAM UDO-AKAGHA & PARTNERS
- SANTA SEDE NIG. LTD
- SANTANA SECURITY AGENCY LTD
- SAWYTECH LTD
- SAAP-TECH NIGERIA LIMITED
- SCHLUMBERGER NIGERIA LIMITED
- SCANWATER (NIG) LTD
- SCHWARTZ KRISTOFFEL ENG’R. SERVICES LTD
- SClB NIGERIA & COMPANY LIMITED
- SCOA AGRI / TRAC
- SCOA EQUIP
- SCOA MEDICAL
- SCOA MOTORS
- SCOA NIGERIA PLC
- SCOA PETROLEUM SERVICES LTD
- SCOA POWER
- SDEM ERECTORS NIG. LTD
- SDV (NIGERIA) LIMITED
- SEAFOOD PRODUCTS LTD
- SEA PETROLEUM and GAS COMPANY LIMITED
- SEA TRUCKS GROUP
- SEBAWATCH GROUP
- SECOND ADAMS INTERNATIONAL LTD
- SEGO OILFIELD SERVICES LTD
- SENFORCE INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- SETRACO NIGERIA LIMITED
- SERENITY LEGAL UNION & PARTNERS
- SERVIPOWER COMPANY LTD
- SGS INSPECTION SERVICES NIGERIA LIMITED
- SHOPHAR NIGERIA LTD
- SHORELINE DREDGING & OIL SERVICES LTD
- SIDMACH TECHNOLOGIES NIG. LTD
- SIEMENS LIMITED NIGERIA
- SIGMA VAUGHN STERLING PENSIONS LIMITED
- SIGNONAFRICA COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- SIMS NIGERIA LIMITED
- SKYE BANK PLC
- SKYWAY AVIATION HANDLING COMPANY LIMITED (SAHCOL)
- SILKY TOUCH LTD
- SNIG NIGERIA LTD
- SOCOTHERM NIGERIA LTD
- SOFITAM NIGERIA LTD
- SOLAR TURBINES SERVICES NIG. LTD
- SOLAR TURBINES SERVICES NIG. LTD
- SOLID-ROCK SECURITIES & INVESTMENT LTD
- SOLOLA & AKPANA
- SOLTAN SECURITY LTD
- SOMENI NIG. LTD
- SOMOTEX NIGERIA LIMITED
- SON INTERNATIONAL AGENCIES (NIG.) LTD
- SONO NIGERIA LTD
- SO-SAFE WATER TECHNOLOGIES LTD
- SOUCHE INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- SOVEREIGN GUARDS LTD
- SOVEREIGN TRUST INSURANCE PLC
- SOWSCO WELL SERVICES (NIG.) LTD
- SPACEMAN NIG. LTD
- SPEEDMARK SERVICES LTD
- SPIROPOULOS, ADIELE, OKPARA & CO
- STACO INSURANCE PLC
- STALLION GROUP OF COMPANIES
- STALLION MOTORS LIMITED
- STANBIC IBTC ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
- STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC
- STANBIC IBTC PENSION MANAGERS LIMITED
- STANDARD ALLIANCE INSURANCE PLC
- STANDARD CHARTERED BANK NIGERIA LIMITED
- STARCOMMS LIMITED
- STARZS MARINE & ENGINEERING LT
- STERLING ASSURANCE NIGERIA LIMITED
- STERLING BANK PLC
- STEEL WORKS LTD
- STRUCTEC (Div. of Sofitam Nigeria Ltd.)
- SUB-SAHARAN PRESS LTD
- SUDELETTRA NIG. LTD
- SUI JURIS
- SUMMIT FINANCE COMPANY LTD
- SUNG AS COMPANY NIG. LTD
- SUNNET SYSTEMS & DATACOM SERVICES LTD
- SUPO OJO & COMPANY
- SURVE ILLANCE & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES LTD
- SWEDE CONTROL INTERTEK LIMITED
- SWEET APPLE SERVICES LTD
- SWIFTTALK LTD
- SWISS PHARMA NIGERIA LIMITED (SWIPHA)
- SWOT ASSOCIATES LTD
- SYNAPSE TECHNOLOGIES NIGERIA LTD
- SYNDICATED METAL INDUSTRIES LTD
- SYSTEMS TECH TONER CARTRIDGE REMANUFACTURERS LTD
- SYSTEMTECH SERVICES LTD
- T.J . ONOMIGBO OKPOKO & COMPANY
- TABA NIGERIA LTD
- TAG (NIGERIA) LTD
- TAMUNO GEORGE & COMPANY
- T ANTALIZERS NIGERIA PLC
- TARABAROZ FISHERIES LTD
- TASK SYSTEMS LTD
- TAURUS NIGERIA LTD
- TECHNO OIL LTD
- TECHNOCRIME SECURITY LTD
- TECON OIL SERVICES LTD
- TECHNOLOGY DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
- TEKNOKLEEN LTD
- TELL COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- TELNET (NIGERIA) LIMITED
- TETHYS PLANTGERIA CO. LTD
- THE BOOKHOUSE COMPANY LTD
- THE BRIDGE CLINIC LTD
- THE HOPE VALLEY INTERNATIONAL CLINIC L TD
- THE HONDA PLACE LIMITED (THP)
- THE LAW UNION
- THE OIL RESOURCES DEV. CO. LTD. (TORDCO)
- THE SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED
- THE UNIVERSAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- TOTAL NIGERIA PLC
- THOMAS WYATT NIGERIA PLC
- THOMPSON & GRACE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
- TIANSHI HEALTH PRODUCTS COMPANY NIG. LTD
- TIDE EXPRESS LINK LTD
- TIGER FOOD S LTD
- TIGER SHIPPING COMPANY LTD
- TLD LTD
- TOKI HOTELS LTD
- TOKKE MARITIME SERVICES LTD
- TOPCOM (NIGERIA) LTD
- TOPTECH ENGINEERING LTD
- TORNADO INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATES LTD
- TOTAL HEALTH TRUST LTD
- TRADEWAYS EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL LTD
- TRANSATLANTIC SHIPPING AGENCY LTD
- TRANSCAP TRAVEL BUREAUX
- TRANSGLOBAL INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- TRANSGLOBE INVESTMENT & FINANCE CO. LTD
- TRANSTEL ENGINEERING NIG. LTD
- TRANSWORLD OIL & GAS CO. LTD
- TRANS-WORLD SECURITY SYSTEMS LTD
- TRANSOCEAN SUPPORT SERVICES NIGERIA LIMITED
- TRANTER INTERNATIONAL LTD
- TREVI FOUNDATIONS NIGERIA LIMITED
- TRIANA LTD
- TRICONTINENTAL OIL SERVICES LTD
- TRINICLE NIGERIA LTD
- TRIPLE EDGE NIGERIA LTD
- TRIPLE RESOURCES INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- TROPICAL SERVICES NIG. LTD
- TRUE TALES PUBLICATIONS LTD
- TRU VISION LTD
- TYPHA CENIN LTD
- UACN PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC
- UBA PENSION CUSTODIAN LIMITED
- UBINl lNDUSTRIAL (NIGERIA.) LTD
- UBOSI ELEH + COMPANY
- UDO UDOMA & BElO-OSAGIE
- UDOETUK & ASSOCIATES
- UHY MAAJI and COMPANY
- UIDC SECURITIES LTD
- UNIC ENT SHIPPING CO. LTD
- UNI -CHARTERED INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- UNIC INSURANCE PLC
- UNION ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- UNION EXPRESS LTD
- UNION HOMES SAVINGS AND LOANS PLC
- UNION TRUSTEES LTD
- UNION REGISTRARS LIMITED
- UNIQUE GENERATORS LTD
- UNIQUE SECURITY & INVESTIGATION SERVICES LTD
- UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC
- UNITED COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH MANAGERS LTD
- UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
- UNITED TECHNICAL & ALLIED SERVICES LTD
- UNITRUST INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- UNITY BANK PLC
- UNIVERSAL INVESTMENT & DEVELOPMENT CO PLC
- UNIVERSAL LOSS ADJUSTERS LTD
- VAN OORD NIGERIA LIMITED
- VAST INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD
- VDT COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- VESA FOOD AGENCIES LTD
- VETTAl MEGA SERVICES LTD
- V HELBHERG INTERNATIONAL LTD
- VIDAC EQUIPMENT NIGERIA LTD
- VINA INTERNATIONAL LTD
- VINTAGE PRESS LTD
- VRMT INTERNATIONAL NIG. LTD
- V T LEASING LTD
- W.W. W HYTE INTERNATIONAL LTD
- WARM SPRING WATERS NIGERIA LTD
- WASCO OIL SERVICES COMPANY NIG. LT D
- WATERPIT (NIGERIA) LTD
- WEAM & COMPANY LTD
- WEATHERFORD NIGERIA LTD
- WECO ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD
- WECO SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL LTD
- WELLMANN GROUP LTD
- WELLSTOCKED NIG. LTD
- W LTEK LTD
- WEMA BANK PLC
- WEMA SECURITIES & FINANCE PLC
- WEST AFRICAN OILFIELD SERVICES LTD
- WEST END LTD
- WESTCOTT NIGERIA LTD
- WETLANDS HEALTH SERVICES LTD
- WILSON’S FOODS & CONFECTIONERIES LTD
- WIRE-TEKS INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD
- WISEMEN APPAREL
- WORKSHIPS AFRICA LTD
- XENERGI COMPANY LTD
- XEROX H.S. (NIG.) LTD
- XL MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD
- XPRESS PARTNERS LTD
- YAMAHA/ALMARINE (Div. of John Holt Plc)
- YANKARI INSURANCE LIMITED
- YASIMO PLASTICS SERVICES LTD
- YESIN INTERNATIONAL NIG. LTD
- YODESONS GROUP OF COMPANIES
- YOUNES POWER SYSTEMS NIG. LTD
- ZANETTI MARBLE & GRANITE LTD
- ZARTECH LIMITED
- ZENITH BANK PLC
- ZENITH GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- ZENITH NIGERGROUP CO. LTD
- ZENITH SECURITIES LTD
- ZINOX TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
- ZITADEL LTD
What do companies look for when accepting corpers serving in Rivers state?
The process of hiring for many companies does not change because you are a corps member.
Although they will cut you some slack, that does not mean they will overlook everything else.
The first thing most companies look out for is your academic qualification.
With a first-class or a second class upper result, you will automatically become a hot cake ready for hire.
But it will do you much good is your course of study tallies with what the available position in the company.
For instance, a person who studied financial accounting and graduated with a good result will be preferable in a bank or accounting department of a firm
There are other requirements, and they are mostly soft skills. They include;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a computer well
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good morals
If you have any other certification or qualities that will be enticing to your employer, then add them in your application.
How to get the Best PPA to accept you during your NYSC service in Rivers state
Rivers state NYSC will give you a posting letter to a predetermined PPA within the state.
Although, I have witnessed cases where those who have issues may choose to relocate to a new PPA.
Normally, NYSC does not encourage relocations away from your PPA, so make sure you read the NYSC rules and regulations to make sure you do not default.
Some of the challenges for which NYSC will accept your request to relocate to another PPA or away from an LGA is if you have a physical disability, illness, security or accommodation problem.
If you have any of the aforementioned issues, they may honour your request to relocate.
To get through the best NYSC PPA of your choice in Rivers state, you have to write an application letter to them.
In your letter, you have to state that you are a corper and then mention other reasons why they should hire you.
Make sure you submit your application alongside photocopies of necessary documents including your credentials, results and certificates.
If the company accepts you, you will have to collect a request letter from them which you will present to NYSC as an alternative for the previous PPA.
Note that the current PPA you are trying to move away from must reject you before you present the request letter.
It will take some days up to two weeks before your new PPA will reflect on your NYSC portal.
Summary of the best PPA for services in Rivers state
Your service year is an avenue to make good connections, gain exposure and learn from other cultures.
So, if you happen to be posted to Rivers state, it will do you good to explore the state as much as you can.
But the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you get a good PPA in Rivers state for your NYSC service.
Getting a good PPA will put you in a place where you will get better exposure and also make more money.
In the end, you may be retained in the company depending on your performance, and I believe you will like to be retained in a good company.
Remember not to limit yourself and explore all available options.
Good luck in your service year
And if there is any new update in Rivers state that contradicts what we have in this article, then, please update us immediately by leaving a comment below.