If you are hoping to serve in Plateau state but don’t know whether you can get a good NYSC PPA in the state, then this article is for you.
The NYSC is a period when citizens of Nigeria who are graduates of tertiary institutions, whether in Nigeria or abroad, serve Nigeria.
This service must be in Nigeria, because, during the service, you are not supposed to leave your place of service.
Also, during the service, the Nigerian government assigns you to a Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) where you will serve for one year.
This place could be a school, a hospital, a government or state parastatal, etc.
It is compulsory as a Nigerian Youth to serve the country, especially if you plan on getting a job in Nigeria or working for the Nigerian government.
At the end of the Service, a certificate is given to you, which you can add to your credentials for job applications in Nigeria.
So, if after your NYSC application, you find yourself in Plateau state, I know you would only like to serve in the best PPA in the state.
As a result, this article presents you with a comprehensive list of some of the best NYSC PPA in Plateau state.
Also, you will learn a lot about the state – security issues, how much Plateau state pays corpers and so on.
Let’s start with knowing the condition of Plateau state for NYSC service.
Is Plateau state good for NYSC service?
To judge whether Plateau state is a good state for NYSC, there are a lot of factors we need to consider.
This is because different people have their tastes and criteria for judging whether a state is nice for service or not.
As a result, you will not expect my judgement to be the same as yours.
With that in mind, let’s begin our judgement from the camp.
1. What is the nature of Plateau state NYSC Orientation camp?
Plateau state NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp is located at Mangu, Mangu Local Government Area, Plateau State.
The camp was recently built on the new site in 2015, so the facilities and the hostels are in good shape.
There is no water problem in this camp and it has almost 24 hours of electricity every day.
The only issue you might face is poor facility maintenance and also the extreme weather conditions.
Cold in this camp is usually extreme, so it is advisable for you to go with sweaters and a thick blanket.
2. What is the state of infrastructures in Plateau state?
The state of infrastructure in Plateau state is not so much in a good shape today.
For instance, a lot of roads in the state are rapidly deteriorating.
This is probably due to increase in traffic and loading of the road by heavy duty vehicles beyond the design and carrying capacity of the road.
Electricity supply is not evenly spread throughout the state.
While some areas receive an abundance of power supply, many other rural areas lack thr same.
Water infrastructure in the state need serious rehabilitation.
People mostly depend on wells and boreholes for water supply.
Finally, internet network signal vary from pkace to place.
So, ensure you check the network status of an area before you choose to live there.
3. What is the cost of living in Plateau state as an NYSC corps member?
The cost of living in Plateau state is pretty low.
Food cost is very cheap because most of thr indigenes of the state are farmers.
Also, the cost of housing is relatively cheap and it increases as you continue to get closer to towns.
On an average scale, you can still consider the accommodation in town areas to be very cheap.
The cost of transportation is another cost is this so affordable in the state.
You don’t need to spend so much to move from one location to another within the state.
Finally, healthcare services isnone of the things you will find to be very affordable in the state.
4. How much does Plateau state government pay NYSC corps members?
Unfortunately, Plateau sfate is one of those states that does not pay corps members for their service in the state.
As a result, you have to depend totally on the monthly salary from the federal government to fend for yourself each month.
Otherwise, you can get a side job or hope that your NYSC PPA in Plateau state pays you every month.
5. Is Plateau state safe for NYSC corps members?
Plateau state is only partly a safe state for NYSC service.
Recently, the state has been experiencing a lot of crises.
There are now too many killings and series of disagreements between religious sects.
Even all of these occurrences are true for the state, it is not widespread.
Now you understand why I mentioned that the state is only partly safe.
Anyways, the NYSC coordinator of Plateau state will not post any corps member to areas having these security issues.
List of companies that accept NYSC corps members in Plateau state
Now that we know so much about Plateau state, let’s see the different companies that accept corpers in the state.
There are many good places for your NYSC primary assignment (PPA) in Plateau state, and they cut across several industries.
However, most of the best and government NYSC PPA is located in Plateau state capital, Jos.
Depending on your field, you can also research on Google for a good PPA in Plateau state.
To help you get started with your research, here is the list of the best NYSC PPA that you can find in Plateau state.
- ABC EXPRESS COURIER LTD
- ABIOK PUBLICITY LTD
- ACCESS BANK PLC
- ACELAND INDUSTRIES LTD
- ADAMAC GROUP OF COMPANIES
- AFRICAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- AFRICANA-FIRST PUBLISHERS LTD
- AIICO INSURANCE PLC
- AIR LlQUIDE NIGERIA PLC
- AIR SEPARATION (NIG.) LTD
- ANOFENCO (NIGERIA) LTD
- APT SECURITIES AND FUNDS LTD
- ARFO CONSTRUCTION CO. NIG. LTD
- ARIZONA TRADING LTD
- ASSOCIATED BUS COMPANY PLC (ABC Transport)
- AUTOMOTIVE PARTS INDUSTRIES LTD
- BANK OF INDUSTRY LIMITED
- BANKSWAY INTERNATIONAL LTD
- BIO-ORGANICS NUTRIENT SYSTEMS LTD
- BOD TECH EQUIPMENT COMPANY LTD
- CAPITAL EXPRESS INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- CAPITAL EXPRESS SECURITIES LTD
- CASHCRAFT ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD
- CLEARLINE INTERNATIONAL LTD
- COLOUR IMAGE PUBLICITY LTD
- COMMUNICATION TRENDS NIG. LTD
- CONOIL PLC
- COUNTRY & CITY INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- CRUSADER INSURANCE (NIGERIA) PLC
- DAMOG NIGERIA LTD
- DANIYAN ASSOCIATES
- DANSA FOODS LTD
- DARLEZ NIGERIA LTD
- DIAMOND BANK PLC
- DIYA, FATIMILEHIN & COMPANY
- DUNCAN MARITIME VENTURES NIGERIA LTD
- ECOBANK NIGERIA PLC
- ECWA PRODUCTIONS LTD
- ECWA RURAL DEVELOPMENT LTD
- EDO TRANSPORT SERVICE LTD
- EVANS BROTHERS (NIGERIA PUBLISHERS) LIMITED
- EVENTS PLUS COMMU NICATIONS
- EXECUTIVE GUARDS LTD
- FAREAST MERCANTILE COMPANY LIMITED
- FEDERAL MORTGAGE BANK OF NIGERIA (FMBN)
- FIDELITY BANK PLC
- FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK PLC
- G. OFODlLE OKAFOR & COMPANY
- G.U. OKEK E & SONS LTD
- GAMLA (NIGERIA) LTD
- GAP SIGNS PUBLICITY LTD
- GLANVILL ENTHOVEN REINSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- GRAND CEREALS AND OIL LTD
- GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
- GUINEA INSURANCE PLC
- HAMAZ COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- HARDIS & DROMEDAS LTD
- HEALTHWYSE GLOBAL SERVICES LTD
- HEBN PUBLlSHERS PLC
- HIGHGATE INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- HIGHLAND MICROFINANCE BANK PLC
- HILL STATION HOTEL LTD
- HOLGATE HAULAGE LTD
- IMANI & SONS (NIG.) LTD
- IND EPENDENT COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK LTD
- DUSTRIAL and COMMERCIAL PROJECTS (NIG.) LTD
- INFINITY TYRES LTD
- INSURANCE PHB
- INTEGRATED DAIRY FARMS LTD
- JIDE TAIWO & COMPANY
- JOHN HOLT DISTRIBUTION (VENTURES)
- JOS INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC
- JOSSY ELECTRONICS COMPANY LTD
- LAW UNION & ROCK INSURANCE PLC
- LEADWAY ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- LEADWAY PENSURE PFA LIMITED
- LEKOW ASSOCIATED SERVICES LTD
- LENTO NIGERIA PLC
- LINKAGE ASSURANCE PLC
- LONGMAN NIGERIA PLC
- MACMILLAN NIGERIA PUBLISHERS LIMITED
- MASTER POINT GROUP
- MASTERS ENERGY OIL & GAS LTD
- MENTHOLATUM (NIGERIA) LTD
- MILLENNIUM HARVEST LTD
- MIRROR MEDIA LTD
- MODERN BUSINESS MACHINES (NIGERIA) LTD
- MOULDS (NIG.) LTD
- MULTICHOICE NIGERIA LIMITED
- N.N. FEMS INDUSTRIES LTD
- NADINA INDUSTRIES LTD
- NASCO GROUP NIGERIA LIMITED
- NEIMETH INTERNATIONAL PHARMACEUTICALS PLC
- NEM INSURANCE PLC
- NESTLE NIGERIA PLC
- NEWSWATCH COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- NIGERIA ENGINEERING WORKS LIMITED
- NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL CO-OPERATIVE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK LTD
- NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
- NIGERIAN AVIATION HANDLING COMPANY PLC (NAHCO)
- NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC
- NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC
- NIGERIAN ELECTRICITY SUPPLY CORPORATION LTD
- NIGERIAN LAW PUBLICATIONS LIMITED
- NIGERIAN LIFE & PROVIDENT COMPANY LIMITED
- NIGERIAN MOTORS INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- NITRO ATLASCO NIGERIA LTD
- PEACE TIDINGS VENTURES LTD
- PENSIONS ALLIANCE LIMITED
- PIPC SECURITIES LTD
- PLATEAU INVESTMENT & PROPERTY DEV CO. LTD
- POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PLC (PHCN)
- PREMIER SEED NIG. LTD
- PREMIUM HEALTH LTD
- PROSERV NIGERIA LTD
- PUMPCO LTD
- QUALITEX TEXTILES LTD
- QUEENSWAY ALUMINIUM COMPANY LTD
- RAILAD LTD
- REGENCY ALLIANCE INSURANCE PLC
- SIGMA VAUGHN STERLING PENSIONS LIMITED
- SIO INDUSTRIES LTD
- SKYE BANK PLC
- SOLTAN SECURITY LTD
- SOVEREIGN TRUST INSURANCE PLC
- SPECTRUM BOOKS LTD
- SPRING WATERS NIG . LTD
- STACO INSURANCE PLC
- STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC
- STAND ARD BISCUITS (NIG.) LTD
- STERLING BANK PLC
- STARLING NIG. LTD
- SUB-SAHARAN PRESS LTD
- TANU GROUP
- TELL COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- TELNET NETWORK SERVICES
- TIDDO SECURITIES LTD
- TRADEWAYS EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL LTD
- TRIPLE A OUTDOOR LTD
- TRUE TALES PUBLICATIONS LTD
- TURNER WRIGHT LTD
- UNI -CHARTERED INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- UNIC INSURANCE PLC
- UNION ADHESIVE and CHEMICAL CO LTD
- UNION ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- UNION EXPRESS LTD
- UNION REGISTRARS LIMITED
- UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC
- VINNA INVESTMENTS LTD
- VITAFOAM NIGERIA PLC
- WEMA BANK PLC
- WAYNE (WEST AFRICA) LTD
- WEMY INDUSTRIES LTD
- WISE HEALTH SERVICES LTD
- ZAYO-SIGMA CHEMICALS LTD
- ZENITH BANK PLC
What do companies look for when accepting corpers serving in Plateau state?
The process of hiring for many companies does not change because you are a corps member.
Although they will cut you some slack, that does not mean they will overlook everything else.
The first thing most companies look out for is your academic qualification.
With a first-class or a second class upper result, you will automatically become a hot cake ready for hire.
But it will do you much good is your course of study tallies with what the available position in the company.
For instance, a person who studied financial accounting and graduated with a good result will be preferable in a bank or accounting department of a firm
There are other requirements, and they are mostly soft skills. They include;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a computer well
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good morals
If you have any other certification or qualities that will be enticing to your employer, then add them in your application.
How to get the Best PPA to accept you during your NYSC service in Plateau state
Plateau state NYSC will give you a posting letter to a predetermined PPA within the state.
Although, I have witnessed cases where those who have issues may choose to relocate to a new PPA.
Normally, NYSC does not encourage relocations away from your PPA, so make sure you read the NYSC rules and regulations to make sure you do not default.
Some of the challenges for which NYSC will accept your request to relocate to another PPA or away from an LGA is if you have a physical disability, illness, security or accommodation problem.
If you have any of the aforementioned issues, they may honour your request to relocate.
To get through the best NYSC PPA of your choice in Plateau state, you have to write an application letter to them.
In your letter, you have to state that you are a corper and then mention other reasons why they should hire you.
Make sure you submit your application alongside photocopies of necessary documents including your credentials, results and certificates.
If the company accepts you, you will have to collect a request letter from them which you will present to NYSC as an alternative for the previous PPA.
Note that the current PPA you are trying to move away from must reject you before you present the request letter.
It will take some days up to two weeks before your new PPA will reflect on your NYSC portal.
Summary of the best PPA for services in Plateau state
Your service year is an avenue to make good connections, gain exposure and learn from other cultures.
So, if you happen to be posted to Plateau state, it will do you good to explore the state as much as you can.
But the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you get a good PPA in Plateau state for your NYSC service.
Getting a good PPA will put you in a place where you will get better exposure and also make more money.
In the end, you may be retained in the company depending on your performance, and I believe you will like to be retained in a good company.
Remember not to limit yourself and explore all available options.
Good luck in your service year
And if there is any new update in Plateau state that contradicts what we have in this article, then, please update us immediately by leaving a comment below.