If you are hoping to serve in Kaduna state but don’t know whether you can get a good NYSC PPA in the state, then this article is for you.
The NYSC is a period when citizens of Nigeria who are graduates of tertiary institutions, whether in Nigeria or abroad, serve Nigeria.
This service must be in Nigeria, because, during the service, you are not supposed to leave your place of service.
Also, during the service, the Nigerian government assigns you to a Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) where you will serve for one year.
This place could be a school, a hospital, a government or state parastatal, etc.
It is compulsory as a Nigerian Youth to serve the country, especially if you plan on getting a job in Nigeria or working for the Nigerian government.
At the end of the Service, a certificate is given to you, which you can add to your credentials for job applications in Nigeria.
So, if after your NYSC application, you find yourself in Kaduna state, I know you would only like to serve in the best PPA in the state.
As a result, this article presents you with a comprehensive list of some of the best NYSC PPA in Kaduna state.
Also, you will learn a lot about the state – security issues, how much Kaduna state pays corpers and so on.
Let’s start with knowing the condition of Kaduna state for NYSC service.
Is Kaduna state good for NYSC service?
To judge whether Kaduna state is a good state for NYSC, there are a lot of factors we need to consider.
This is because different people have their tastes and criteria for judging whether a state is nice for service or not.
As a result, you will not expect my judgement to be the same as yours.
With that in mind, let’s begin our judgement from the camp.
1. What is the nature of Kaduna state NYSC Orientation camp?
The Kaduna State NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp is located along Kaduna – Abuja Road, Kaduna State.
This camp is also called The Black Gold Camp and this is the permanent site for the 21 days Orientation exercise of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
It has several hostels and a multi-purpose hall, with a stadium in the camp.
Security in the camp is also amazing and the mami market has lots of amazing stuff.
Water is constant in the camp and electricity is also fairly stable.
The only challenge with the camp is that it is too dusty in the dry season and too muddy in raining season.
So, you can choose the extreme you are comfortable with and apply for your NYSC programme in that period.
2. What is the state of infrastructures in Kaduna state
One thing that is commendable in terms of infrastructures in Kaduna state is the supply of electricity.
Electricity supply is pretty constant in most places in the state.
As for the roads, they are not too bad.
Most major roads in the state are great to ply.
The state has water coming both from waterboard as well as private boreholes.
So, you will not lack water at all.
As for internet connectivity, you will not have a problem with that because most parts of the state have strong signals.
3. What is the cost of living in Kaduna state as an NYSC corps member?
The cost of living in Kaduna state is low.
You can access almost anything for as low as possible.
Food is very cheap in the state as well as healthcare services.
In addition, transportation cost is very low, and the cost of utilities is also low.
The only thing that might be a bit expensive is the cost of housing.
This generally depends on the type of house and the location.
While houses in the state capital and in towns may be more expensive, houses in rural areas cost less.
4. How much does Kaduna state government pay NYSC corps members
Unfortunately, Kaduna state does not pay corps members any kobo.
As a result, you should not expect miracle money or stipends from the state government.
What this means is that you must learn how to survive on your monthly allowance from the federal government.
Otherwise, you have to pray that your NYSC PPA in Kaduna state pays you every month.
5. Is Kaduna state safe for NYSC corps members?
Kaduna is not so safe at the moment due to the risk of terrorism, armed attacks, kidnapping, intercommunal and sectarian violence.
Although the government may have something different to say about the safety of corpers in the state.
Kaduna roads are currently not safe because of a high level of kidnapping and killings.
As a result, if you are going to pass through Abuja to Kaduna, then it will be best to use the trains for your own safety.
Also, if you are eventually posted to the state, please endeavour to stay safe.
Always remain in your PPA so that everyone can know whereabouts.
Also, do not make yourself a target in the state, otherwise wise, you will have some serious security threats.
List of companies that accept NYSC corps members in Kaduna state
Now that we know so much about Kaduna state, let’s see the different companies that accept corpers in the state.
There are many good places for your NYSC primary assignment (PPA) in Kaduna state, and they cut across several industries.
However, most of the best and government NYSC PPA is located in Kaduna state capital, Kaduna.
Depending on your field, you can also research on Google for a good PPA in Kaduna state.
To help you get started with your research, here is the list of the best NYSC PPA that you can find in Kaduna state.
- A. G. FERRERO & CO. LTD
- ACCESS BANK PLC
- ACHUS-ARIN LTD
- AFRIBANK SECURITIES LTD
- AFRICAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- AFRICAN PAINTS (NIGERIA) PLC
- AFRICANA-FIRST PUBLISHERS LTD
- AGUATECNICA COMPANY LTD
- AIICO INSURANCE PLC
- AIR LlQUIDE NIGERIA PLC
- AJIYA MICROFINANCE BANK LTD
- ALLIANCE & GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- ALBA NIGERIA LTD
- ALH. J. SULEIMAN & SON S (NIG.) LTD
- ALUMINIUM CITY LTD
- AMANA CAPITAL PENSION LIMITED
- AMANA PRINTING & ADVER TISING LTD
- AMBED INTERNATIONAL (NIG.) LTD
- AMESI COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES LTD
- AMSCO NIGERIA LTD
- ANAMIKE NIGERIA LTD
- APT PENSION FUND MANAGERS LIMITED
- APT SECURITIES AND FUNDS LTD
- ARCHCON NIGERIA LTD
- AREWA HOTELS (DEVELOPMENT) LIMITED
- AREWA METAL CONTAINERS LTD
- BAKERY TECHNOLOGIES LT
- BALOGUN BADEJO CONSULTING LTD
- BANEX GROUP LIMITED
- BANK OF INDUSTRY LIMITED
- BANKSWAY INTERNATIONAL LTD
- BARNAWA MICROFINANCE BANK LTD
- BHOJSONS PLC
- BIG TREAT PLC
- BIJO SURGICAL & SCIENTIFIC CO. LTD
- BILLING COST ASSOCIATES
- BIO-ORGANICS NUTRIENT SYSTEMS LTD
- BOC GASES NIGERIA PLC
- BOI INVESTMENT AND TRUST CO. LTD
- BORINI PRONO & COMPANY (NIGERIA) LIMITED
- BOYE KOMOLAFE & COMPANY
- BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO (NIGERIA) LIMITED GROUP OF COMPANIES
- C.G.C NIGERIA LTD
- CAPITAL EXPRESS INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- CAPITAL EXPRESS SECURITIES LTD
- CHASE EXPRESS SERVICES LTD
- CHELLCO INDUSTRIES LTD
- CHEVRON OIL NIGERIA PLC
- ClBI NIGERIA LT D
- CIV-STRUCT ASSOCIATES
- CLARKSON, EDU & CO. LTD
Additional companies that accept corps members in Kaduna State
- COLOUR IMAGE PUBLICITY LTD
- COMETSTAR CABLE and WIRE MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD
- COMMUNICATION TRENDS NIG. LTD
- CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC
- CORNERSTONE INSURANCE PLC
- COSMIC FOAM & CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES (NIG.) LTD
- COST-LINK ASSOCIATES
- CREMOTRADE CO. LTD
- Construction, Building and Civil Engineering
- CRISP INTERNATIONAL LTD
- CROSSAIDS LTD
- CRUSADER INSURANCE (NIGERIA) PLC
- DAMOG NIGERIA LTD
- DANIYAN ASSOCIATES
- DANSA FOODS LTD
- DATUM CONSTRUCTION (NIG.) LTD
- DEBIS (NIGERIA) LTD
- DEMAC-E NIGERIA LTD
- DIAMOND BANK PLC
- DIYA, FATIMILEHIN & COMPANY
- DIZENGOFF WEST AFRICA (NIGERIA) LTD
- DORNIER AVIATION NIGERIA AI EP (DANA) LIMITED
- DOYIN PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
- DRAKE & SCULL (NIGERIA) LTD
- ECOBANK NIGERIA PLC
- EDO TRANSPORT SERVICE LTD
- EGUNJOBI, ADEGBITE & COMPANY
- EKENE DILI CHUKWU NIGERIA LTD
- ELECTRICITY METER COMPANY NIGERIA PLC
- EMPIRE SECURITIES LTD
- EQUITY ASSURANCE PLC
- EVANS BROTHERS (NIGERIA PUBLISHERS) LIMITED
- EVERYDAY GROUP
- EXCEL SECURITIES LTD
- EXECUTIVE GUARDS LTD
- EXPRESS PORTFOLIO SERVICES LT D
- FABROS GROUP OF COMPANIES
- FEDERAL MORTGAGE BANK OF NIGERIA (FMBN)
- FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA (FRCN)
- FEMI JOHNSON & COMPANY LIMITED
- FIRSTCALL GROUP LTD
- FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK PLC
- FORTUNE ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- G. CAPPA PLC
- G.U. OKEK E & SONS LTD
- GAMJI-TEC GROUP of COMPANIES
- GEACAN LTD
- GEOMAINS INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- GIDAUNIYA INVESTMENT & SECURITIES LTD
- GIWARITE LTD
- GIWO HOLDINGS LTD
- GOLDLlNK INSURANCE PLC
- GREIF NIGERIA PLC
- GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
- GUINEA INSURANCE PLC
- GZ GROUP
- HADEMEC LTD
- HAMADA CARPETS NIG. LTD
- HAMDALA HOTEL, KADUNA
- HARVESTFIELD INDUSTRIES LTD
- HASSAN BABA & COMPANY
- HEBN PUBLlSHERS PLC
- HEPTAGON VENTURES LTD
- HILL STATION HOTEL LTD
- HOGG ROBINSON NIGERIA LIMITED
- HYDROFLOW LTD
- HYUNDAI MOTORS NIGERIA LIMITED
- IDEAL FLOUR MILLS LIMITED
- IJEWERE & COMPANY
- IJEWERE CONSULTING LTD
- IMANI & SONS (NIG.) LTD
- INDEPENDENT COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK LTD
- INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS LTD
- INDUSTRIAL and COMMERCIAL PROJECTS (NIG.) LTD
- I -NET GLOBAL SERVICES LTD
- INLAND CONTAINERS (NIG.) LTD
- INSURANCE BROKERS OF NIGERIA LIMITED
- INSURANCE PHB
- KGMD HEALTHCARE LTD
- KHALIL & DIBBO TRANSPORT LTD
Companies in Kaduna state where you can apply as a corper
- KHEMSAFE COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- KLASSIC MAINTENANCE LTD
- KOGUNA BABURA INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- KON-X LTD
- LAI SECURITY & INVESTIGATION SERVICES LTD
- LASACO ASSURANCE PLC
- LAW UNION & ROCK INSURANCE PLC
- LEADWAY ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- LEADWAY PENSURE PFA LIMITED
- LEADY-PHARMA INDUSTRIES LTD
- LECTERN INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- LEE ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD
- LEKOW ASSOCIATED SERVICES LTD
- LEVENTIS MOTORS
- LIGHTHOUSE ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD
- LINKAGE ASSURANCE PLC
- LITERAMED PUBLICATIONS (NIG.) LTD
- LIVESTOCK FEEDS PLC
- LUKE and JUDE (NIG.) LTD
- MACMILLAN NIGERIA PUBLISHERS LIMITED
- MANTRAC NIGERIA LIMITED
- MIDLAND GALVANISING PRODUCTS LIMITED
- MULTICHOICE NIGERIA LIMITED
- NAGARTA COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- NALADO NIG. LTD
- NANET HOTELS LTD
- NASCO GROUP NIGERIA LIMITED
- NEW NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS LTD
- NEW OUTDOOR COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- NEWDEVCO INVESTMENTS & SECURITIES CO. LTD
- NEWPAK PLC
- NEXANS KABELMETAL NIGERIA PLC
- NEXT INTERNATIONAL NIG. LTD
- NICETOP PAPER INDUSTRIES LTD
- NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL CO-OPERATIVE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK LTD
- NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
- NIGERIA ENGINEERING WORKS LIMITED
- NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC
- NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC
- NIGERIAN-GERMAN CHEMICALS PLC
- NIGERIAN LAW PUBLICATIONS LIMITED
- NIGERIAN LIFE & PROVIDENT COMPANY LIMITED
- NISSAN NIGERIA LIMITED
- NIGERIAN MOTORS INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC)
- NIYYA FARMS LTD
- NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS PLC (NITEL)
- NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA)
- NNIL COMMERCIAL CO. LTD
- NIGERIAN STOCKBROKERS LTD
- NORMAN INDUSTRIES LTD
- NORTHERN CABLE PROCESSING & MANUF. CO. LTD
- O’LA-KLEEN HOLDINGS LTD
- PANALPINA WORLD TRANSPORT (NIGERIA) LIMITED
- PAUL USORO & COMPANY
- PAU-LOAD GROUP
- PCI PAINTS LTD
- PEACE TIDINGS VENTURES LTD
- PERA-BEAM LTD
- PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA LIMITED (PAN)
- PILGRIMS BOOKS LTD
- PIPELINES and PRODUCTS MARKETING COMPANY LIMITED (PPMC)
- POLY PRODUCTS NIGERIA PLC
- POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PLC (PHCN)
- POWERCOOL NIG. LTD
- POWERSEAL NIG. LTD
- PREMIUM PENSION LIMITED
- PREMIER SEED NIG. LTD
- PREQUIP TECHNICAL LTD
- PRIVATE NETWORKS NIG. LTD
- QUEENSWAY ALUMINIUM COMPANY LTD
- RAILAD LTD
- RAPIDO VENTURES LTD
- REALS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
- REGENCY ALLIANCE INSURANCE PLC
- RELIANCE EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING CO. LTD
- RESEARCH & MARKETING SERVICES LIMITED
- RIGIDPAK CONTAINERS LTD
More companies in Kaduna state for NYSC PPA
- RIZZ FOAM & CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES LTD
- ROCK & POWER ENGINEERING LTD
- ROMPTECH SCIENTIFIC SUPPLIES COMPANY LTD
- ROYAL TROPICANA HOTELS LTD
- ROYALSEC SERVICES CO. LTD
- S.D.Y ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION CO. LTD
- SAFA FOAM PRODUCTS (NIG.) LTD
- SAHARA GROUP LIMITED
- SARO AGROSCIENCES LTD
- Crop Science
- SAAP-TECH NIGERIA LIMITED
- SClB NIGERIA & COMPANY LIMITED
- SKYPOWER EXPRESS AIRWAYS NIG. LTD
- SOATEC ENGINEERING SERVICES LTD
- SOFITAM NIGERIA LTD
- SPECTRUM BOOKS LTD
- SPEEDMARK SERVICES LTD
- STACO INSURANCE PLC
- STALLION GROUP OF COMPANIES
- STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC
- STAR PAPER MILL LIMITED
- STERLING ASSURANCE NIGERIA LIMITED
- STERLING BANK PLC
- SUB-SAHARAN PRESS LTD
- SUNGLASS LTD
- SWISS PHARMA NIGERIA LIMITED (SWIPHA)
- SYSTEMS TECH TONER CARTRIDGE REMANUFACTURERS LTD
- TABSON GASES & WELDING PRODUCTS LTD
- TBIC NIGERIA LTD
- TDT NIGERIA LTD
- TELL COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- THE CANDEL COMPANY LTD
- THE HONDA PLACE LIMITED (THP)
- THE HOPE VALLEY INTERNATIONAL CLINIC L TD
- THOMAS WYATT NIGERIA PLC
- TIDDO SECURITIES LTD
- TIDE EXPRESS LINK LTD
- TIME-LINE CONSULT LTD
- TOTAL HEALTH TRUST LTD
- TOWER ASSETS MANAGEMENT LTD
- TOWER GALVANISED PRODUCTS (NIG.) LTD
- TRIPLE A OUTDOOR LTD
- TRIPLE EDGE NIGERIA LTD
- TRANSTEC COMPUTER SYSTEM LTD
- TRIPLE RESOURCES INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- TRIPPLE GEE & COMPANY PLC
- TRUE TALES PUBLICATIONS LTD
- TUNJI ADENIYI & COMPANY
- TURNERS BUILDING PRODUCTS (AREWA) LTD
- UACN PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC
- UHYMAAJI and COMPANY
Good NYSC PPA to apply to in Kaduna state
- UNION ADHESIVE and CHEMICAL CO LTD
- UNION ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- UNITY BANK PLC
- UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- UNION COMMERCIAL INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- UNIVERSITY PRESS PLC
- UNION HOMES SAVINGS AND LOANS PLC
- UNION REGISTRARS LIMITED
- UNIC INSURANCE PLC
- UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC
- UNISTEEL WORKS LTD
- UNITED SURGICALS LTD
- UNITED WIRE PRODUCTS LTD
- V.I.P. INDUSTRIES LTD
- VDT COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- WATER TIDE DEVELOPMENT CO. LTD
- WAYNE (WEST AFRICA) LTD
- WEMA BANK PLC
- WEMY INDUSTRIES LTD
- WEST AFRICAN BITUMEN EMULSION CO. LTD
- WEST AFRICAN FERTILIZER CO. LTD
- WEST AFRICAN SEASONING CO. LTD
- WINTECK (NIGERIA) LTD
- WISE HEALTH SERVICES LTD
- XAVIER OIL and GAS SERVICES LTD
- YAMAHA/ALMARINE (Div. of John Holt Plc)
- YANKARI INSURANCE LIMITED
- YARO SON PARTNERSHIP LTD
- YUNUS USTAZ USMAN (SAN) & CO
- ZARIA INDUSTRIES LTD
- ZENITH BANK PLC
What do companies look for when accepting corpers serving in Kaduna state?
The process of hiring for many companies does not change because you are a corps member.
Although they will cut you some slack, that does not mean they will overlook everything else.
The first thing most companies look out for is your academic qualification.
With a first-class or a second class upper result, you will automatically become a hot cake ready for hire.
But it will do you much good is your course of study tallies with what the available position in the company.
For instance, a person who studied financial accounting and graduated with a good result will be preferable in a bank or accounting department of a firm
There are other requirements, and they are mostly soft skills. They include;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a computer well
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good morals
If you have any other certification or qualities that will be enticing to your employer, then add them in your application.
How to get the Best PPA to accept you during your NYSC service in Kaduna state
Kaduna state NYSC will give you a posting letter to a predetermined PPA within the state.
Although, I have witnessed cases where those who have issues may choose to relocate to a new PPA.
Normally, NYSC does not encourage relocations away from your PPA, so make sure you read the NYSC rules and regulations to make sure you do not default.
Some of the challenges for which NYSC will accept your request to relocate to another PPA or away from an LGA is if you have a physical disability, illness, security or accommodation problem.
If you have any of the aforementioned issues, they may honour your request to relocate.
To get through the best NYSC PPA of your choice in Kaduna state, you have to write an application letter to them.
In your letter, you have to state that you are a corper and then mention other reasons why they should hire you.
Make sure you submit your application alongside photocopies of necessary documents including your credentials, results and certificates.
If the company accepts you, you will have to collect a request letter from them which you will present to NYSC as an alternative for the previous PPA.
Note that the current PPA you are trying to move away from must reject you before you present the request letter.
It will take some days up to two weeks before your new PPA will reflect on your NYSC portal.
Summary of the best PPA for services in Kaduna state
Your service year is an avenue to make good connections, gain exposure and learn from other cultures.
So, if you happen to be posted to Kaduna state, it will do you good to explore the state as much as you can.
But the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you get a good PPA in Kaduna state for your NYSC service.
Getting a good PPA will put you in a place where you will get better exposure and also make more money.
In the end, you may be retained in the company depending on your performance, and I believe you will like to be retained in a good company.
Remember not to limit yourself and explore all available options.
Good luck in your service year
And if there is any new update in Kaduna state that contradicts what we have in this article, then, please update us immediately by leaving a comment below.
- 10 Best NYSC States and How They Treat Corpers
- Best NYSC PPA in Borno State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Enugu State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Imo State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Jigawa State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Gombe State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kaduna State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in FCT Abuja that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kano State that Accepts Corps Members 
Please, which Local Government is best for PPA in Kaduna State?