If you are hoping to serve in Enugu state but don’t know whether you can get a good NYSC PPA in the state, then this article is for you.
The NYSC is a period when citizens of Nigeria who are graduates of tertiary institutions, whether in Nigeria or abroad, serve Nigeria.
This service must be in Nigeria, because, during the service, you are not supposed to leave your place of service.
Also, during the service, the Nigerian government assigns you to a Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) where you will serve for one year.
This place could be a school, a hospital, a government or state parastatal, etc.
It is compulsory as a Nigerian Youth to serve the country, especially if you plan on getting a job in Nigeria or working for the Nigerian government.
At the end of the Service, a certificate is given to you, which you can add to your credentials for job applications in Nigeria.
So, if after you NYSC application, you find yourself in Enugu state, I know you would only like to serve in the best PPA in the state.
As a result, this article presents you with a comprehensive list of some of the best NYSC PPA in Enugu state.
Also, you will learn a lot about the state – security issues, how much Enugu state pays corpers and so on.
Let’s start with knowing the condition of Enugu state for NYSC service.
Is Enugu state good for NYSC service?
To judge whether Enugu state is a good state for NYSC, there are a lot of factors we need to consider.
This is because different people have their tastes and criteria for judging whether a state is nice for service or not.
As a result, you will not expect my judgement to be the same as yours.
With that in mind, let’s begin our judgement from the camp.
1. What is the nature of Enugu state NYSC Orientation camp?
Enugu state NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp is located at Awgu Local Government Area, Enugu State.
The place is an historic ground.
It used to be one of the military bases of Biafran armies during the Nigerian civil war between 1967 – 1970.
The camp has some topography issues with a lot of high highs and low lows.
The hostel areas are on the Highlands while the parade ground is in a low land outside the camp.
The soil is usually muddy in the rainy season and really dusty in the dry season.
Also, the football field is stony.
That means, you may get serious injuries if you participate in football games and fall on the field.
The camp usually has water issues.
So, prepare to fetch water very early in the morning and even save some which you can use after your morning drills.
As for the toilets, they are in a bad state.
This is mostly because of irresponsible people who would use it without fetching water to flush.
To cut long stories short, Enugu camp is really not a nice place in terms of facilities.
Everything is extremely poor – poor hostels and bathrooms, toilets, water etc.
2. What is the state of infrastructures in Enugu state
When it comes to the state of infrastructures in Enugu state, I give it to them in terms of road.
Enugu state has some amazing roads running deep into many villages.
But that does not mean that the case is the same all over the state.
Also, most parts of Enugu state capital and Nsukka have access to at least 10 hours of electricity everyday.
A major challenge you may encounter in the state is the lack of water.
This is because the state itself has a lot of Highlands which makes it difficult to access a waterbed when drilling a borehole.
Also, the presence of coal deposits in most parts of the state affects the quality of water in wells and boreholes.
As a result, most houses in the state resolve to buying water from water tankers.
Finally, network connectivity is strong in towns, but terrible in villages.
Even within towns, you may discover that some service providers have stronger connectivity than the other.
3. What is the cost of living in Enugu state as an NYSC corps member?
The cost of living in Enugu state as a corper is very cheap.
Food is very cheap in the state and the cost of transportation is also very low.
You can get healthcare services at a very affordable rate in most hospitals in the state.
However, one thing you may find really expensive is the cost of housing.
Although, this is peculiar to those whose PPA is in Enugu state capital and other major towns in the state.
The cost of housing in villages is usually very cheap, but it may come with other challenges like lack of electricity and water.
4. How much does Enugu state government pay NYSC corps members
Enugu state government pays one thousand Naira only (N1,000) every month to corpers in the town (including Enugu North, Enugu East, Enugu South) and ₦3,500 to those serving in local areas (villages).
So, depending on where your PPA is in the state, the amount you receive from the Enugu state government varies.
5. Is Enugu state safe for NYSC corps members?
Enugu is very much safe for corpers to serve in.
The state does not have any security issues at all.
As long as you don’t get yourself into any trouble of any kind then you are sure to return home in one piece.
The people are very nice and there are no tribal wars or insurgencies as well.
But even at that, you must try to maintain a certain level of security consciousness so that you are aware of your environment.
As much as you can, avoid moving around late at night.
That could be very dangerous.
List of companies that accept NYSC corps members in Enugu state
Now that we know so much about Enugu state, let’s see the different companies that accept corpers in the state.
There are many good places for your NYSC primary assignment (PPA) in Enugu state, and they cut across several industries.
However, most of the best and government NYSC PPA is located in Enugu state capital, Enugu.
Depending on your field, you can also research on Google for a good PPA in Enugu state.
To help you get started with your research, here is the list of the best NYSC PPA that you can find in Enugu state.
- ABC EXPRESS COURIER LTD
- ACCESS BANK PLC
- AEROCONTRACTORS COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED
- AFRICAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- AFRICANA-FIRST PUBLISHERS LTD
- AG HOMES S AVINGS & LOA NS PLC
- AGOFURE NIG. LTD
- AIKON ENGINEERING LTD
- AIR LlQUIDE NIGERIA PLC
- ALO ALUMINIUM MANUFACTURING CO. LTD
- ALPHA BROKERS LTD
- AMESI COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES LTD
- AMSCO NIGERIA LTD
- ANAMBRA MOTOR MANUFACTURING COMPANY LIMITED
- ARIZONA TRADING LTD
- ASHAKA SECURITY CO. LTD. (ASCO)
- ASSOCIATED BUS COMPANY PLC (ABC Transport)
- AUSTINE PRISY ENTERPRISES LTD
- AUSTOMA ENTERPRISES NIG. LTD
- BANK OF INDUSTRY LIMITED
- BECHTEL (NIG.) LTD
- BEST ALUMINIUM (MANUFACTURING) CO LTD
- BEULAHLAND TRAVEL & TOURS LTD
- BIFEX CONSULTANTS LTD
- BIG TREAT PLC
- BONAMA NIGERIA LTD
- BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO (NIGERIA) LIMITED GROUP OF COMPANIES
- CAPITAL EXPRESS INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- CAPITAL EXPRESS SECURITIES LTD
- CASHCRAFT ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD
- CHASE EXPRESS SERVICES LTD
- CHELIS BOOKAZINE LTD
- CHEMLAP NIG. LTD
- CHEVRON OIL NIGERIA PLC
- CHIEF (DR.) EJIKE UME (SAN) & CO
- CIKA GROUP OF COMPANIES
- CLEARLINE INTERNATIONAL LTD
- COMMUNICATION TRENDS NIG. LTD
- CON ENGINEERING NIG. LTD
- CONOIL PLC
- CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC
- CONTRANSAR INTERNATIONAL NIG. LTD
- COSPAM (NIG.) LTD
- CRYSTAL PALACE HOTEL, ABUJA
- CONOIL PLC
- CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC
- DALT RADE NIGERIA LTD
- DAWN FUNCTIONS NIGERIA LTD
- DEAP CAPITAL MANAGEMENT & TRUST PLC
- DEMAC-E NIGERIA LTD
- DEXTRON ENGINEERING LTD
- DEZERN NIGERIA LTD
- DIZENGOFF WEST AFRICA (NIGERIA) LTD
- DOZZY OIL & GAS LTD
- DUEMAN CHEMICALS LTD
- DVC LTD
- DIAMOND BANK PLC
- EBONY PAINTS LTD
- ECOBANK NIGERIA PLC
- EKENE DILI CHUKWU NIGERIA LTD
- EKOCHIN LTD
- EMENITE LTD
- EMERALD AGENCIES LTD
- ENECHI ONYIA & ASSOCIATES
- ENPLAN GROUP
- EQUATOR MEDICS INTERNATIONAL LTD
- ETHIOPE PUBLISHING CORPORATION
- EUROCOMM SECURITIES LTD
- EXPATCARE HEALTH INTERNATIONAL LTD
- EZ SPORTS PLAZA
- FABROS GROUP OF COMPANIES
- FALMA ORGANICS LTD
- FEDERAL MORTGAGE BANK OF NIGERIA (FMBN)
- FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA (FRCN)
- FIDELITY BANK PLC
- FIDELITY PENSION MANAGERS LIMITED
- FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK PLC
- FIRST GUARANTEE PENSION LIMITED
- FIRST REGISTRARS NIGERIA LTD
- GE. EZEUKO (SAN) & COMPANY
- GENERAL DATA ENGINEERING SERVICES NIGERIA PLC
- GLOBE SHIPPING LINES NIGERIA LTD
- GOSORD SECURITIES LTD
- GROUP ENTERPRISES (NIGERIA) LTD
- GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
- HADEMEC LTD
- HALCON ENGINEERING ASSOCIATES LTD
- HAPEL (NIG.) LTD
- HARDIS & DROMEDAS LTD
- HARVARD TRUST SAVINGS & LOANS LTD
- HEALTHCARE INTERNATIONAL LTD
- HIGHGATE INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- IHS NIGERIA PLC
- IND EPENDENT COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK LTD
- INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPERS LTD
- INDEV LTD
- INTEGRATED ALUMINIUM & METAL CO. LTD
- INTEGRATED DAIRY FARMS LTD
- INTERAGRIC GROUP OF COMPANIES
- INTERCONTINENTAL WAPIC INSURANCE PLC
- INTERNATIONAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD
- INVENTMEDIA LTD
- IWUBA IFEDIORA & ASSOCIATES
- JAWA INTERNATIONAL LTD
- JETLINK LTD
- JOHN HOLT DISTRIBUTION (VENTURES)
- JOHN HOLT TECHNICAL PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- JONATEX & COMPANY NIGERIA LTD
- JUHEL NIG. LTD
- JUKOK INTERNATIONAL LTD
- KEMEBOFF RESOURCES LTD
- KENGRAPHICS PRODUCTIONS LTD
- KON-X LTD
- LANDMARK INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD
- LEADWAY ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- LEADWAY PENSURE PFA LIMITED
- LEADY-PHARMA INDUSTRIES LTD
- LEGAL CITY LTD
- LEGALTEXT PUBLISHING CO. LTD
- LEKOW ASSOCIATED SERVICES LTD
- LINKAGE ASSURANCE PLC
- LONGMAN NIGERIA PLC
- LOPA ENERGY COMPANY LTD
- LOUIS CARTER GROUP OF COMPANIES
- LUFTHANSA GERMAN AIRLINES (NIG.)
- MAC-TONNEL (NIG.) LTD
- MARLUM NIGERIA LTD
- MASTERS ENERGY OIL & GAS LTD
- MEDIPLAN HEALTHCARE LTD
- MEZUE ASSOCIATES
- MINAJ GROUP
- MIRROR MEDIA LTD
- MOGBOH & C OMPANY
- MULTICHOICE NIGERIA LIMITED
- MULTISHIELD LTD
- N.N.FEMS INDUSTRIES LTD
- NATHAN’S DRYCLEANERS
- NAVIGATOR WORLD TRAVEL CENTRE LTD
- NEWSWATCH COMMUNICATIONS LTD
- NEXT INTERNATIONAL NIG. LTD
- NIGER OPTICAL SERVICES COMPANY (NIGERIA) LTD
- NIGERIA ENGINEERING WORKS LIMITED
- NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL CO-OPERATIVE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK LTD
- NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
- NIGERIAN AVIATION HANDLING COMPANY PLC (NAHCO)
- NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC
- NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC
- NIGERIAN LAW PUBLICATIONS LIMITED
- NIGERIAN LIFE & PROVIDENT COMPANY LIMITED
- NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS PLC (NITEL)
- NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA)
- OBIEKWE BROTHERS LTD
- OKOLO OKOLO & COMPANY
- OKWUCHUKWU UGOLO & ASSOCIATES
- OLUSOLA ADEKANO LA & COMPANY GROUP
- ONAHSONS HOLDINGS LTD
- ORA EGBUNIKE & ASSOCIATES
- OSCARTE NIG. LTD
- PAULSON O. EMERAH GROUP OF COMPANIES LTD
- PEACE MASS TRANSIT LTD
- PENSIONS ALLIANCE LIMITED
- POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA PLC (PHCN)
- PREMIER SEED NIG. LTD
- PREMIUM HEALTH LTD
- PROTEA HOTEL NIKE LAKE RESORT
- RAILAD LTD
- RAINBOWNET LlMITED
- READS & MARK LTD
- RESEARCH & MARKETING SERVICES LIMITED
- REYNOLDS CONSTRUCTION COMPANY (NIGERIA) LIMITED
- ROCANA NIG. LTD
- ROYAL COURIER SERVICES LTD
- SABRINA PROPERTIES LTD
- SETRACO NIGERIA LIMITED
- SEVEN-UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC
- SIGMA VAUGHN STERLING PENSIONS LIMITED
- SIMS NIGERIA LIMITED
- SIO INDUSTRIES LTD
- SKYE BANK PLC
- SOLI D-ROCK SECURITIES & INVESTMENT LTD
- SOUTHERN ALUMINIUM PRODUCTS LTD
- SPEEDMARK SERVICES LTD
- SPIROPOULOS, ADIELE, OKPARA & CO
- SPRING MORTGAGE PLC
- STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC
- STERLING BANK PLC
- SUB-SAHARAN PRESS LTD
- SWISS PHARMA NIGERIA LIMITED (SWIPHA)
- THE IBETO GROUP
- THE UNIVERSAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- TOP RANK HOTELS LTD
- TOTAL HEALTH TRUST LTD
- TOWER CONTROL LTD
- TRADEWAYS EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL LTD
- TRIPLE EDGE NIGERIA LTD
- UNI -CHARTERED INSURANCE BROKERS LTD
- UNIC INSURANCE PLC
- UNION ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
- UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC
- UNION EXPRESS LTD
- UNION REGISTRARS LIMITED
- UNIPUMPS NIGERIA LTD
- UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC
- VALAGH & COMPANY LTD
- VAST INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD
- WEMA BANK PLC
- XL MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD
- YAMAHA/ALMARINE (Div. of John Holt Plc)
- ZENITH BANK PLC
- ZINOX TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
What do companies look for when accepting corpers serving in Enugu state?
The process of hiring for many companies does not change because you are a corps member.
Although they will cut you some slack, that does not mean they will overlook everything else.
The first thing most companies look out for is your academic qualification.
With a first-class or a second class upper result, you will automatically become a hot cake ready for hire.
But it will do you much good is your course of study tallies with what the available position in the company.
For instance, a person who studied financial accounting and graduated with a good result will be preferable in a bank or accounting department of a firm
There are other requirements, and they are mostly soft skills. They include;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a computer well
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good morals
If you have any other certification or qualities that will be enticing to your employer, then add them in your application.
How to get the Best PPA to accept you during your NYSC service in Enugu state
Enugu state NYSC will give you a posting letter to a predetermined PPA within the state.
Although, I have witnessed cases where those who have issues may choose to relocate to a new PPA.
Normally, NYSC does not encourage relocations away from your PPA, so make sure you read the NYSC rules and regulations to make sure you do not default.
Some of the challenges for which NYSC will accept your request to relocate to another PPA or away from an LGA is if you have a physical disability, illness, security or accommodation problem.
If you have any of the aforementioned issues, they may honour your request to relocate.
To get through the best NYSC PPA of your choice in Enugu state, you have to write an application letter to them.
In your letter, you have to state that you are a corper and then mention other reasons why they should hire you.
Make sure you submit your application alongside photocopies of necessary documents including your credentials, results and certificates.
If the company accepts you, you will have to collect a request letter from them which you will present to NYSC as an alternative for the previous PPA.
Note that the current PPA you are trying to move away from must reject you before you present the request letter.
It will take some days up to two weeks before your new PPA will reflect on your NYSC portal.
Summary of the best PPA for services in Enugu state
Your service year is an avenue to make good connections, gain exposure and learn from other cultures.
So, if you happen to be posted to Enugu state, it will do you good to explore the state as much as you can.
But the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you get a good PPA in Enugu state for your NYSC service.
Getting a good PPA will put you in a place where you will get better exposure and also make more money.
In the end, you may be retained in the company depending on your performance, and I believe you will like to be retained in a good company.
Remember not to limit yourself and explore all available options.
Good luck in your service year
And if there is any new update in Enugu state that contradicts what we have in this article, then, please update us immediately by leaving a comment below.
See NYSC PPA in other states;