If you are hoping to serve in Edo state but don’t know whether you can get a good NYSC PPA in the state, then this article is for you.
The NYSC is a period when citizens of Nigeria who are graduates of tertiary institutions, whether in Nigeria or abroad, serve Nigeria.
This service must be in Nigeria, because, during the service, you are not supposed to leave your place of service.
Also, during the service, the Nigerian government assigns you to a Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) where you will serve for one year.
This place could be a school, a hospital, a government or state parastatal, etc.
It is compulsory as a Nigerian Youth to serve the country, especially if you plan on getting a job in Nigeria or working for the Nigerian government.
At the end of the Service, a certificate is given to you, which you can add to your credentials for job applications in Nigeria.
So, if after you NYSC application, you find yourself in Edo state, I know you would only like to serve in the best PPA in the state.
As a result, this article presents you with a comprehensive list of some of the best NYSC PPA in Edo state.
Also, you will learn a lot about the state – security issues, how much Edo state pays corpers and so on.
Let’s start with knowing the condition of Edo state for NYSC service.
Is Edo state good for NYSC service?
To judge whether Edo state is a good state for NYSC, there are a lot of factors we need to consider.
This is because different people have their tastes and criteria for judging whether a state is nice for service or not.
As a result, you will not expect my judgement to be the same as yours.
With that in mind, let’s begin our judgement from the camp.
1. What is the nature of Edo state NYSC Orientation camp?
The Edo state NYSC orientation camp is located at Okada Grammar School, Okada, Ovia North-East Local Government Area, Edo State.
The place is environmentally friendly and fantastic for NYSC activities.
There is proper coordination, adequate security and good water supply.
But, even though the camp has a nice environment, camping facilities such as the toilets and hostels need some improvement.
They still use the premises of a school as the campground, as a result, there are no sufficient facilities to cater for corp members.
So, let’s hope that they build the permanent site quickly before your set gets into camp.
2. What is the state of infrastructures in Edo state
Edo state has invested a lot to ensure that there are good roads in the state.
In Edo south, every community has a road or two tarred across the 192 wards.
There is no community that doesn’t have a minimum of one or two roads that have been constructed in Edo South, Edo Central and Edo North senatorial districts.
This shows that there are good roads in the state.
Also, there is electricity in the state, but it will depend on your location.
Those whose PPA is in the state capital will most likely get more access to electricity than those in villages.
Water supply also follows the same principles where there are more boreholes in the cities centres than in villages.
You will not have internet issues as most parts of the state have good network connectivity.
But, as usual, some villages or even corners of a city may still have network connectivity issues.
3. What is the cost of living in Edo state as an NYSC corps member?
Unfortunately, Edo state is one of the most expensive places to live in Nigeria.
A lot of things are expensive there.
The cost of housing is high.
Transportation cost is slightly expensive.
And the cost of healthcare can leisure is also expensive.
The only compensation to the high cost of things in the state is the cost of food.
Some foodstuffs are relatively cheap in the state.
So, you can use that to console yourself for the outrageous prices of basic things in the state.
4. How much does Edo state government pay NYSC corps members
Edo state government does not pay corps members.
So, despite the fact that the cost of living in the state is very high, you still will not get anything from the government.
Just pray that you get a good NYSC PPA in Edo state where they will pay you.
Otherwise, you are just at the mercy of the N33,000 that the federal government pays corpers.
5. Is Edo state safe for NYSC corps members?
Research findings suggest that Edo State faces serious territorial security challenges in regards to boundary issues in the south and western axis.
It also faces threats from natural disasters and climate change, seen in the rise of sea levels resulting in floods and erosion.
In the economic sphere, Edo state experiences high unemployment rate due to the absence of key industries and lack of investment and inappropriate models of education.
Also identified as an immediate concern, was a possible incursion by Fulani herdsmen from the north; whilst political security has remained unabated due to the rising numbers of political assassinations in the state.
The bottoming for you as a serving corps member is to avoid places prone to have security issues.
Always try to ensure that you stay save and out of trouble.
List of companies that accept NYSC corps members in Edo state
Now that we know so much about Edo state, let’s see the different companies that accept corpers in the state.
There are many good places for your NYSC primary assignment (PPA) in Edo state, and they cut across several industries.
However, most of the best and government NYSC PPA is located in Edo state capital, Benin city.
Depending on your field, you can also research on Google for a good PPA in Edo state.
To help you get started with your research, here is the list of the best NYSC PPA that you can find in Edo state.
- AA Rescue Nigeria Ltd
- ABC Express Courier Ltd
- Abdulkerim Kadiri & Co
- ABNL Ltd
- ABX Airborne Express
- Access Bank Plc
- ACT Networks Ltd
- Adebowale Export & Import Ltd
- Aerocontractors Company Of Nigeria Limited
- Aeroland Travels Nig. Ltd
- Aeromaritime Group Of Companies
- Africa Oilfield Services Ltd
- African Alliance Insurance Company Limited
- Africana-First Publishers Ltd
- Agofure Nig. Ltd
- Aiico Insurance Plc
- Air Nigeria Development Limited
- Alba Nigeria Ltd
- Alegeh & Company
- Alraine Shipping Agencies (Nigeria) Ltd
- AMSCO Nigeria Ltd
- AMYN Investments Ltd
- Apex Global Aluminium Technologies Ltd
- APK Express Services Ltd
- Applied-Tech Management Consultants Ltd
- Apt Securities And Funds Ltd
- Arco Marine & Oil fIeld Services Ltd
- Arizona Trading Ltd
- ASCON Oil Company Ltd
- Ashaka Security Co. Ltd. (Asco)
- Associated Aviation Ltd
- Associated Teleco M S & Electronics Co. Ltd
- Atlantic Meridean Co. Ltd
- Avery Nigeria Ltd
- Balogun Badejo Consulting Ltd
- Bank Of Industry Limited
- Banksway International Ltd
- Bechtel (Nig.) Ltd
- Bees Company Ltd
- Bendel Brewery Ltd
- Bendel Feed And Flour Mill Ltd
- Bio-Organics Nutrient Systems Ltd
- Business Ventures Ltd
- Capital Express Insurance Company Limited
- Capital Express Securities Ltd
- Cashcraft Asset Management Ltd
- Churchgate Group
- Circular Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Clearline International Ltd
- Cledop West Africa Ltd
- Colvia Securities Ltd
- Communication Trends Nig. Ltd
More companies that accept corps members in Edo state
- Complete Computer & Technology Ltd
- Coscharis Motors Limited
- CPI-Moore (Nigeria) Ltd
- Crusader Insurance (Nigeria) Plc
- Dan Odiete & Company
- Dansa Foods Ltd
- Darlez Nigeria Ltd
- Diamond Bank Plc
- Dof Group Of Companies
- Dueman Chemicals Ltd
- Eagle Transport Company Ltd
- Edegbe Motors Company Ltd
- Edo Transport Service Ltd
- Ecobank Nigeria Plc
- Efosa Express Ltd
- Ekene Dili Chukwu Nigeria Ltd
- Emi Capital Resources Ltd
- Equator Medics International Ltd
- Etteharo & Partners
- Ethiope Publishing Corporation
- Evans Brothers (Nigeria Publishers) Limited
- Exclusive International Ltd
- F.K. Construction Ltd
- Fareast Mercantile Company Limited
- Federal Mortgage Bank Of Nigeria (FMBN)
- Festus Obayiuwana & Company
- Fhomo Nigeria Ltd
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- Fidson Healthcare Limited
- First Guarantee Pension Limited
- Finepro Manufacturing Company Ltd
- First Bank Of Nigeria Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Fortune Ebie & Company
- Gamla (Nigeria) Ltd
- Giwa-Osagie DFK & Company
- GNLD International Ltd
- Goddy Edosa Motors Ltd
- Goldllnk Insu Rance Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Guinea Insurance Plc
- Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Harriman & Company
- Heartbeat Investments Ltd
- Hebn Publishers Plc
- Hensmor Group Of Companies
- Hotel Doris Dey Ltd
- Humphrey Oronsaye & Company
- I. N.Venantius (Nigeria) Ltd
- Ibru Sea Foods Ltd
- ICMG Securities Ltd
- Ihs Nigeria Plc
- Independent Radio/Television
- Industrial And Commercial Projects (Nig.) Ltd
- Industrial Projects International (Nig.) Ltd
- Integrated Dairy Farms Ltd
- INE Oil Ltd
- Integrated Data Services Ltd
- Integrated Rubber Products Nigeria Plc
- Intercontinental Securities Ltd
- Intercontinental Wapic Insurance Plc
- International Health Management Services Ltd
- Inventmedia Ltd
- Investments And Allied Assurance Company Limited
- Iyayi Brothers (Nig.) Ltd
- J.Udeagbala Holdings (Nig.) Ltd
- J.J.Scot Group Of Companies
- John Holt Distribution (Ventures)
- Jokas International Ltd
- Jubaili Bros. Engineering Limited
- Juno Foods Ltd
- Kapital Care Trust & Securities Ltd
- Kendall Securities Ltd
- Kojo Motors Ltd
Additional companies to work with as your NYSC PPA in Edo state
- Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Law Union & Rock Insurance Plc
- Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Leadway Pensure Pfa Limited
- Leady-Pharma Industries Ltd
- Legaltext Publishing Co. Ltd
- Leventis Motors
- Linkage Assurance Plc
- Literamed Publications (Nig.) Ltd
- Livestock Feeds Plc
- M. Martimo Nigeria Enterprises Ltd
- Macmillan Nigeria Publishers Limited
- Mainland Trust Ltd
- Mama Cass Restaurants Ltd
- Media Space Ltd
- Media Techniques Nigeria Ltd
- Mike Ozekhome’s Chambers
- Millennium Harvest Ltd
- Motel Benin Plaza
- N. N. Fems Industries Ltd
- Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals Plc
- Nigerian Agricultural Co-Operative & Rural Development Bank Ltd
- Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation
- Nestle Nigeria Plc
- Nigerian Bottling Company Plc
- Nigerian Breweries Plc
- Noble Hemuka & Company
- Nigerian Law Publications Limited
- Nigerian Life & Provident Company Limited
- Nomagbon Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited
- Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
- Nooree Nig. Ltd
- Nosak Ltd
- Oando Plc
- Odudu & Company
- Odudu, Odudu & Partners
- Ojemai Farms Ltd
- Olusola Adekanola & Company Group
- Omosigho, Omorodion & Partners
- Osaro Eguasa & Company
- Owel-Linkso Group
- Ozed Ventures Ltd
- Partnership Investment Co. Ltd
- Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Plc (Phcn)
- Pera-Beam Ltd
- Pestkil (Nigeria) Ltd
- PML Securities Company Ltd
- Precious Palm Royal Hotel Ltd
- Premier Paints Plc
- Premium Health Ltd
- Prequip Technical Ltd
- Presco Plc
- Prest Group
- Primlaks Frozen Food Products Ltd
- Private Networks Nig. Ltd
- Proserv Nigeria Ltd
- Prosperity Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Regency Alliance Insurance Plc
- Saidi Hotels Ltd
- Seafood Products Ltd
- Sem-Edo Wire Industries Ltd
- Seven-Up Bottling Company Plc
- Sio Industries Ltd
- Skye Bank Plc
- Sotaen Nigeria Ltd
- Spectrum Books Ltd
- Spider International Ltd
- Spiropoulos, Adiele, Okpara & Co
- Stallion Group Of Companies
- Stanbic Ibtc Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Stock Investment Securities Ltd
- Sub-Saharan Press Ltd
- Sung As Company Nig. Ltd
- Swiss Pharma Nigeria Limited (Swipha)
Companies in Edo state that accepts corpers for NYSC service
- Tell Communications Ltd
- The Freedom Group Ltd
- The Ibeto Group
- The Okomu Oil Palm Company Plc
- The Universal Insurance Company Limited
- Total Nigeria Plc
- Tradeways Express International Ltd
- Transglobal Insurance Brokers Ltd
- Trans-World Security Systems Ltd
- Triple Edge Nigeria Ltd
- Trustfund Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Uhymaaji And Company
- Uidc Securities Ltd
- Uloho & Company
- Union Assurance Company Limited
- Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc
- Unic Insurance Plc
- Union Express Ltd
- Union Registrars Limited
- United Bank For Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- Universal Investment & Development Co Plc
- University Press Plc
- Uwensuyi-E Dosomwan & Company
- V.I.P. Industries Ltd
- VDT Comm Unications Ltd
- Vesa Food Agencies Ltd
- Wayne (West Africa) Ltd
- Wema Bank Plc
- West African Fertilizer Co. Ltd
- Winteck (Nigeria) Ltd
- Wise Health Services Ltd
- Xerox H.S. (Nig.) Ltd
- Xpress Partners Ltd
- Zenith Bank Plc
What do companies look for when accepting corpers serving in Edo state?
The process of hiring for many companies does not change because you are a corps member.
Although they will cut you some slack, that does not mean they will overlook everything else.
The first thing most companies look out for is your academic qualification.
With a first-class or a second class upper result, you will automatically become a hot cake ready for hire.
But it will do you much good is your course of study tallies with what the available position in the company.
For instance, a person who studied financial accounting and graduated with a good result will be preferable in a bank or accounting department of a firm
There are other requirements, and they are mostly soft skills. They include;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a computer well
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good morals
If you have any other certification or qualities that will be enticing to your employer, then add them in your application.
How to get the Best PPA to accept you during your NYSC service in Edo state
Edo state NYSC will give you a posting letter to a predetermined PPA within the state.
Although, I have witnessed cases where those who have issues may choose to relocate to a new PPA.
Normally, NYSC does not encourage relocations away from your PPA, so make sure you read the NYSC rules and regulations to make sure you do not default.
Some of the challenges for which NYSC will accept your request to relocate to another PPA or away from an LGA is if you have a physical disability, illness, security or accommodation problem.
If you have any of the aforementioned issues, they may honour your request to relocate.
To get through the best NYSC PPA of your choice in Edo state, you have to write an application letter to them.
In your letter, you have to state that you are a corper and then mention other reasons why they should hire you.
Make sure you submit your application alongside photocopies of necessary documents including your credentials, results and certificates.
If the company accepts you, you will have to collect a request letter from them which you will present to NYSC as an alternative for the previous PPA.
Note that the current PPA you are trying to move away from must reject you before you present the request letter.
It will take some days up to two weeks before your new PPA will reflect on your NYSC portal.
Summary of the best PPA for services in Edo state
Your service year is an avenue to make good connections, gain exposure and learn from other cultures.
So, if you happen to be posted to Edo state, it will do you good to explore the state as much as you can.
But the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure you get a good PPA in Edo state for your NYSC service.
Getting a good PPA will put you in a place where you will get better exposure and also make more money.
In the end, you may be retained in the company depending on your performance, and I believe you will like to be retained in a good company.
Remember not to limit yourself and explore all available options.
Good luck in your service year
And if there is any new update in Edo state that contradicts what we have in this article, then, please update us immediately by leaving a comment below.
See also, other companies that accepts corpers in other states
- 10 Best NYSC States and How They Treat Corpers
- Best NYSC PPA in Borno State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Enugu State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Imo State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Jigawa State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Gombe State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kaduna State that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in FCT Abuja that Accepts Corps Members 
- Best NYSC PPA in Kano State that Accepts Corps Members