Clicking on this link suggests you want to do your Masters Degree abroad. Second, you are wondering if Canada is a great option to choose from. This article contains all you need to know to make that decision. In this piece, you will discover top universities, scholarships and Canadian online masters program. Also, you will discover the one year masters program plan and the cost of masters program in Canada for international students.
You will find all the answers you need. Welcome!!!
Located in the Northern part of North America, Canada is the most popular study abroad destination for international students. Characterized by the vast territory which cuts across the Atlantic, Pacific and the Arctic Ocean.
For education, Canada is at the front lines of emerging technologies, discoveries and scientific research. This makes Canada a go-to education destination for students.
Besides the geographical and cultural heritage, new statistics show that crime rate is low and the cost of living is affordable in Canada than other study abroad destinations. There is no fear of insecurity.
70% of students seeking to do their MSc program abroad choose Canada. The reasons you will find below!!!
Why You Should Do Your Masters Program in Canada
- Canada is a home to many elite and top ranking global universities for international students and residents.
- A degree from one of the top universities in Canada is globally recognised and accepted.
- Most International students receive a head start in life by doing masters in Canada.
- You get to stay and work in Canada after graduation. Just a piece of advice, Canada is such a wonderful country to settle in.
- Students get to enjoy a blend of new culture and tradition. This affects you both professionally and personally.
- There are over 5,000-plus programmes to choose from across over 200 areas of study.
- Canada has the best education systems in the world. (What more would you want!!!)
Keep reading to discover the cost of masters in Canada for international students!!!
Top 10 Universities in Canada for Masters Program in 2021
Home to over 100 world class universities, we know it’s pretty difficult to make a choice. Here are top 10 universities in Canada to do your masters program in 2021.
- McGill University.
- Queen’s University.
- Western University.
- The University of Calgary.
- The University of Alberta.
- McMaster University.
- The University of Toronto.
- The University of Waterloo.
- Université de Montréal.
- University of British Columbia.
We base this list on the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020. You will get quality masters program in these top universities in Canada. Visit the school’s website for more details!!!
What’s the cost of Masters Program in Canada in 2021?
Like earlier stated, the cost of studying and living in Canada is relatively affordable. The cost of Masters Program in Canada depends on the program of study, university and mode of study: online or physical.
The cost of masters degree in Canada also depends on the tuition fees.The average cost of tuition for Msc program in Canada ranges from 20,000 to 125,000 CAD annually.
To help fund your masters in Canada, you can apply for scholarships. Most masters students choose to work and study. Find out more below!!!
Are There Scholarships Open to Masters Students in Canada in 2021?
Yes, there are available scholarships for masters program in Canada. Only eligible candidates are to apply. Scholarships for masters program in Canada include;
- Graduate Scholarship
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- International Entrance Awards
- Master’s Entrance Scholarship
- Graduate Entrance Scholarship
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
- Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship
- Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship
- Hira and Renu Ahuja International Graduate Scholarship
These scholarships for masters program in Canada vary in amount. Most might just cover tuition and living expenses. Whereas some are fully funded. Visit the website for more details.
What are the Requirements Needed to Apply for Masters Program in Canada?
Requirements for masters program differ based on the university and program. Below are the general requirements for masters in the top universities in Canada.
Students must submit the following documents for admissions MSc program in Canada:
- Copy of Passport
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Proof of scholarship or funding
- Personal statements/writing samples
- A completed admission application form
- References or Letters of Recommendation
- Language proficiency (English/French: TOEFL, IELTS)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates from all educational institutions attended
- Payments of non-refundable application fee.
Frequently Asked Questions About Masters Program in Canada
Can I study Masters Program in Canada for Free?
Well, not literally. You can study Masters in Canada for free via this means.
- Scholarships for masters in Canada
- Landing an internship opportunity in Canada.
- Securing a fellowship opportunity in Canada
- Work while studying.
What’s the Duration for Masters Program in Canada?
Masters in Canada masters for 1-2 years. But this largely depends on your university and program. Students who work while studying spend longer time for their masters.
Must I be in Canada to do my Masters?
No, you mustn’t. Being in Canada to do your masters is optional. You can opt for Canadian online masters program. This gives you an opportunity to study from anywhere in the world.
The certificate is as valid as the when you studied physically in Canada. It’s worthy of note that it’s less expensive. But it deprives you the rich culture and interaction with other students.
What are the Most Popular Masters Program in Canada for 2021?
There are over 5,000 masters degree programs to choose from in Canada. The most popular masters program are MBA , MS Software Engineering, Masters in Nursing, Masters in Computer Science and Finance.
Can I Study and Work in Canada?
Yes, you can. Working and studying is an option. This largely depends on the approval of the university.
When is the Application Deadline for Masters Program in Canada?
Admission deadlines for top universities in Canada for masters d usually lie within October-January (may vary with the university).
Do I need IELTS to do my Masters in Canada?
Not necessarily IELTS, but you need an English or French language proficiency to do your MSc in Canada.