IT Engineer at Bell Oil & Gas
IT Engineer at Bell Oil and Gas. Bell Oil & Gas specialises in supplying dedicated professional services to the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry. We are dedicated to indigenous content development, and providing the Nigerian oil and gas industry with the essential local participation and increased local content that it lacks.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
To Maintain computing environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance, trouble shooting, as well as maintaining SAP.
- Establish system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; also designing system infrastructure.
- Establish system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC including server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, together with operating and system management systems.
- Defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, as well as performance tuning.
- Troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating management systems.
- Designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secure system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support.
- Upgrade system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets, monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems.
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems.
- Documentation of Processes, Infrastructure & Network Administration.
- Maintaining existing software and hardware and upgrading any that have become obsolete.
- Attending to Networking issues & Wiring.
- Microsoft Active directory, Azure, Office 365, Windows.
- Server Administration (server 2012-2016), User password administrations.
Skills and Qualifications:
System Administration, Developing Standards, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Training, Multi-tasking, On-Call, Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Performance Tuning.
Hands-on experience in maintaining SAP, LAN, WAN, Thin Clients, Printers, Outlook, MS Office etc.
MIN OF B.SC. /HND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR ENGINEERING.
MIN OF 3-5 YEARS COGNATE EXPERIENCE AS AN IT ENGINEER/OFFICER.
CCNA, COMPTIA A+, N+ AND MCSA
To Apply: you can also send your updated CV to MANPOWER@BELLOIL.COM