Dangote Group of companies is one of the essential needs production industry in Nigeria. The company continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa. Since it’s inception in 1978, Dangote group have been consistently providing local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace. Also, the company is at the forefront of Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Port Operations, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining. In other words, the company is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate. Over the years, the company has a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. Currently, the firm is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of an Internal Control Officer at Dangote Group.
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Reference No: GBOKO-ICO-00010
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head, Financial Control & Reporting
Assists the head of financial control in maintaining financial controls with respect to assigned functional areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates accounting timetable and procedures including monthly and yearly for assigned functional area.
- Prepare and analyses month-end financial statements.
- Assists in resolving queries and preparation of cost centre reports.
- Ensure that the general accounting ledgers are adequately maintained, reconciled and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Identify control issues (undefined balances, un-posted entries, balance sheet imbalances, etc.) and raising queries for resolution of these issues.
- Monitors budget spending/ activity and review financial reports.
- Ensures the company complies with DCP Nigeria’s finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Financial Control & Reporting
Requirements to Apply for Internal Control Officer
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Must have at least 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Sound business acumen.
- Great employability skills such as Good communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills, high ethical standards and integrity are required.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Career Development Opportunities
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- HR Administrative Officer at Stockgap Fuels Limited
- Head, Corporate Safety at Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Dangote Group Massive Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
- Shift Supervisor (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group
- Accounts Receivable Officer at Dangote Group
- Accounts Payable Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Fixed Asset & GL Accounts Officer at Dangote Group
- Internal Control Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Senior Engineer, Mines at Dangote Group
- Deputy Head of Finance at Dangote Group of Companies