Executive Assistant at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB)
Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant, and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The Executive Assistant will be focused on providing dedicated support to the Chief Executive Officer on internal management support functions, including but not limited to, building a work schedule for maximum productivity, planning and attending meetings with the CEO and other management staff as required, preparing management and operational reports and managing internal projects.
- This role will report directly to the CEO. As such, will have a high degree of gravitas, but also the mental flexibility and relational intelligence needed to interact with both management-level members of staff and the rest of the team.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Creating win-win situations for access to the CEO’s time and office; determining the appropriate course of action or response at all times.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to the CEO’s activities.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- The Executive Assistant provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal units; demonstrating leadership to maintaining credibility, trust, and support with management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison and Support:
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to directors, unit heads, and practice leads.
- Facilitates travel plans and assists with lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all management members.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- The Executive Assistant participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including scheduling and attending designated meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings
Communications, Partnership, and Outreach:
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Level or equivalent in Business Management or a related field
- 3 – 5 cognate years’ of executive assistant/administrative experience
- Exceptional writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, listening and learning skills, and proactive/analytical thinking
- Good reporting and negotiating skills
- Advanced knowledge of excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Tactful and diplomatic with great interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player with project prioritization abilities
- Calendar Management
- Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite packages
- Project Management
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online