Engineering Service Manager at a Chemical Manufacturing Company – Willers Solutions Limited
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a Chemical Manufacturing company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Service Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Product Segment: Hygiene & Cleaning Chemicals Used for Household Institutional, Industrial
Department: Sales / Business Development
Industry Segment – Hotels, Restaurants, Catering Services etc
Functionally Reports to: Sales Head Hygiene
Administratively Reports to: Business Director
Employment Type: Full-time
- This job description is only a directive to facilitate and bring clarity of your role and expectation of the Management.
- They may assign the Engineering Service Manager to jobs other than this when need arise.
- Also management can make changes in the Job Description as per the need of the business and time. Also the same will be communicated to you through appropriate medium.
- At any point you feel that your job description is not relevant to the job you are performing. Approach your RA / HR and he will take the necessary action accordingly.
- Any approach of taking excuse from a necessary job by saying that it is not mentioned in the description will be consider as violation of your professional conduct and may be treated as indiscipline.
- Engineering Service Manager – The job is to drive and achieve sales of the hygiene business products and services in assigned customer segment and defined geographical territory.
- To develop existing as well as new customers, trends analysis and to monitor consumption, technological and demographic factors so that opportunities maybe capitalized and effects of competitive activities may be minimized.
- The Engineering Service Manager will build effective customer relationship and win confidence of customers as trusted supplier.
- The job requires you be on field most of your time and meet customers, identify business opportunity.
- To develop sales plan and sales strategy for market that ensures attainment of company sales, goals and profitability in consultation with Business Director.
Job Responsibilities of the Engineering Service Manager
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity.
- Sales Strategy – To achieve sales plan and budget along with business objective through identification and tapping new business opportunities; with profit responsibility.
- To drive the process in accordance of applicable SOP’s and policies.
- Day to Day Management – To travel rigorously across the territory to increase market presence, customer base and increase sales volume.
- To identify market potential, develop customer relations and guide team to follow the same.
- Facilitates the sales team in processing leads, logistics and distribution of the material to the customers.
- To train team on product and application trials, guide them on their visit itineraries to gain maximum productivity out of team.
- The Engineering Service Manager supervises sales team effectively to ensure maximum productivity out of team.
- Customer Relationship -To develop new customer base and sustain existing business by regular customer meeting, territory visits, conducting various customer trials and managing effective customer intimacy.
- To facilitate FRT/ART in building accurate profiling for the customer to explore new business opportunities and right product promotion.
- Key Accounts – To focus actively on Key Accounts and seek support from various functional team/management where appropriate to ensure prompt solution to their satisfaction.
- Projects tracking on a continuous basis to Judge the market potential for key products and striving to widen the customer base through extensive research.
- To build accurate and detailed profiling for the key accounts to explore new business opportunities.
- Sales Targets – To ensure Sales Targets are achieved as per assigned product and region/key accounts wise through managing the effective sales strategy and follow-up to ensure accomplishment of sales operational plans.
- The Engineering Service Manager assess the various information tools, identify business opportunities and pinpoint bottleneck areas to further increase sales volume, market share and profitability
- Sales Growth – To assess the various information tools, identify business opportunities and pinpoint bottleneck areas to further increase sales volume, market share and profitability.
- Budget – To prepare and recommend sales budget and monitor financial performance verses the budget to ensure business alignment.
- Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
Job Requirements to Apply as an Engineering Service Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Any management Diploma and degree shall be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales with minimum 2 years of latest experience in selling products to Institutions (Hospital, Corporate House, Hotels, Malls, Banks, Universities etc)
- Well exposed to B2B and Institutional Sales.
- Must have handled a minimum of 3-5 direct reportees at managerial level.
- Excessive travelling is required in and around Nigeria.
- As per the need of the business the job is transferrable and posting can be made anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa.
- Must be a resident of Abuja.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV (MS Word Format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Engineering Service Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted