Dangote Group of companies is one of the essential needs production industry in Nigeria. The company continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa. Since it’s inception in 1978, Dangote group have been consistently providing local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace. Also, the company is at the forefront of Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Port Operations, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining. In other words, the company is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate. Over the years, the company has a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. Currently, the firm is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Head of Finance at Dangote Group of Companies;
Job Title: Deputy Head of Finance
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-005
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Department: Finance (Plant)
Reports To: Plant Finance Controller
Direct Reports / Subordinates: 5
Job Grade: Managerial
Job Description of Deputy Head of Finance at Dangote Group of Companies
- Plant’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting
- Cost and revenue management as well as fixed asset accounting.
- Ensures accuracy of the plant’s financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of Deputy Head of Finance at Dangote Group of Companies
- Ensures the implementation of approved finance policies at the firm.
- Oversees the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units within the plant are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports to aid management decision-making.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments within the plant on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCP Nigeria’s accounting policies, and IFRS.
- Assume overall responsibility for the integration of business reporting requirements.
- Ensure effective utilisation of plant’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Ensure that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure respective plant complies with all applicable tax laws and statutory requirements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants, etc.
- Preparation of the department’s budget and approve in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Plant Finance Controller on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Finance Controller.
Key Requirements of Deputy Head of Finance at Dangote Group of Companies
- Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Ten to Fifteen years relevant experience.
- Selected candidates will manage either P&L or Balance Sheet.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong employability skills such as communication, interpersonal, leadership, people management, negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Benefits of Working as Deputy Head of Finance at Dangote Group of Companies
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Career development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- HR Administrative Officer at Stockgap Fuels Limited
- Head, Corporate Safety at Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Dangote Group Massive Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
- Shift Supervisor (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group
- Accounts Receivable Officer at Dangote Group
- Accounts Payable Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Fixed Asset & GL Accounts Officer at Dangote Group
- Internal Control Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Senior Engineer, Mines at Dangote Group
- Security Operative (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group