Dangote Group of companies is one of the essential needs production industry in Nigeria. The company continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa. Since it’s inception in 1978, Dangote group have been consistently providing local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace. Also, the company is at the forefront of Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Port Operations, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining. In other words, the company is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate. Over the years, the company has a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. Currently, the firm is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Accounts Receivable Officer.
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Officer
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-0002
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Department: Finance (Plant)
Reports To: Head, Plant Finance
Job Grade: Officer
Job Description of an Accounts Receivable Officer
Ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated by the plant in the course of its business. Also, You will be in charge of managing customers’ accounts and ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales orders issued to customers.
- Confirms customer deposit into DCP’s bank account and post against customer’s account
- Also, you will identify irregularities and reconcile customer accounts to the general ledger balances. Furthermore, you will work with the relevant Sales and Marketing staff to proffer solution to the issues identified.
- Review the commercial agreement entered in the database for each customer to ensure it complies with the written agreement.
- Regularly reconcile cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank.
- Recognise revenue on receipt of proof of delivery (invoice, waybill, haulage invoice, etc).
- Analyse cash/ credit sales vs. cement dispatch (weighbridge) vs. actual quantity of cement produced on a weekly basis; investigate and resolve all variances identified.
- Track customer bank guarantees and liaise with the relevant banks to ensure payment is made on the bank guarantee’s due date(s).
- Generate monthly Sales and Collection Report to aid management decision making.
- Proffer solutions to the queries on customer account balance and provide account history where and when required.
- Generate customer ageing report and follow up with relevant staff in Sales and Marketing on due sales orders to ensure payments are received.
- Works proactively and efficiently to execute plans as approved by the Head, Plant Finance.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Head, Plant Finance and other relevant parties.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Requirements to Apply as an Accounts Receivable Officer
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Must possess at least one year experience and more relevant work experience.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- HR Administrative Officer at Stockgap Fuels Limited
- Head, Corporate Safety at Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Dangote Group Massive Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
- Shift Supervisor (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group
- Accounts Receivable Officer at Dangote Group
- Accounts Payable Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Fixed Asset & GL Accounts Officer at Dangote Group
- Internal Control Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Senior Engineer, Mines at Dangote Group
- Security Operative (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group