Dangote Group of companies is one of the essential needs production industry in Nigeria. The company continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa. Since it’s inception in 1978, Dangote group have been consistently providing local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace. Also, the company is at the forefront of Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Port Operations, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining. In other words, the company is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate. Over the years, the company has a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. Currently, the firm is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Accounts Payable Officer.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-0003
Location: Okpella, Edo, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Department: Finance (Plant)
Reports To: Deputy Head of Finance
Direct Reports/ Subordinates: 1
Job Grade: Asst. Manager
Job Description of an Accounts Payable Officer.
It’s the job of the Account Payable Officer to ensure timely and efficient processing of supplier invoices and staff advance. Also, he will be in charge of reconciling supplier accounts to ensure accuracy of DCP’s records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of an Account Payable Officer
- Reviews supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Matches supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities and ensure consistency.
- You will proactively notify Head, Plant Finance of any irregularity in invoices/bills from third party.
- Assist in ensuring that all suppliers’ statements of accounts are reconciled to the sub-ledgers before forwarding supplier invoices and supporting documents for payment processing.
- Respond to supplier enquires regarding payment processing.
- Provides inputs into the review of existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- You will maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/vendors.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Head of Finance
- Receive staff advance requests, advance requirement and carry out initial review and forward Deputy Head of Finance for further verification and approval.
Requirements to Apply as an Accounts Payable Officer.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Three (3) to Nine (9) years of relevant work experience will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Employability skills such as communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Able to gather data, analyse and foster solutions to problems.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- HR Administrative Officer at Stockgap Fuels Limited
- Head, Corporate Safety at Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Dangote Group Massive Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
- Shift Supervisor (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group
- Accounts Receivable Officer at Dangote Group
- Accounts Payable Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Fixed Asset & GL Accounts Officer at Dangote Group
- Internal Control Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Senior Engineer, Mines at Dangote Group
- Security Operative (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group