Dangote Group of companies is one of the essential needs production industry in Nigeria. The company continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa. Since it’s inception in 1978, Dangote group have been consistently providing local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace. Also, the company is at the forefront of Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Port Operations, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining. In other words, the company is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate. Over the years, the company has a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. Currently, the firm is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Accounts Officer – Costing at Dangote Group:
Job Title: Accounts Officer – Costing
Category: Finance / Account
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-0007
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Job Description of an Accounts Officer – Costing at Dangote Group
- Assist in coordinating DCP’s cost accounting
- Cost of sales analysis
- Product costing
- Variance analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date production data including raw materials consumed in production, production quantity, down time, etc.
- Generate and investigate variance analysis of planned vs. actual activity rates and standard prices on a monthly basis.
- Also, you plan standard product costs for each month based on approved actual values for the previous month.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centres in line with DCP’s cost allocation policies.
- Also, allocate direct operating and overhead costs across products for the purpose of evaluating and controlling product pricing, profitability, and trends.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory liability accounts.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
Requirements to Apply for Accounts Officer – Costing at Dangote Group
- Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- In addition to 3 – 6 years relevant work experience.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Great skills such as good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Key Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good employability skills such as communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great organisational skills.
- Data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Benefits of Working as an Accounts Officer – Costing at Dangote Group
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Career Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Also See These!!!
- HR Administrative Officer at Stockgap Fuels Limited
- Head, Corporate Safety at Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Dangote Group Massive Job Recruitment (10 Positions)
- Shift Supervisor (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group
- Accounts Receivable Officer at Dangote Group
- Accounts Payable Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Fixed Asset & GL Accounts Officer at Dangote Group
- Internal Control Officer at Dangote Group of Companies
- Senior Engineer, Mines at Dangote Group
- Security Operative (Dangote Oil Refinery) at Dangote Group